Update from Dr. Don Kistler of soli Deo Gloria

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
All -

Dr. Kistler sent me this to post on the board:

Matthew, I was reading some of the posts on your Puritan Board. Please let me correct some misconceptions folks have. I didn't read them all, so here are just a few responses.

1. Heart Treasure is a lithograph of an early 19th century edition of the Works of Oliver Heywood. The only modernization would be the retypesetting done by the printer nearly 200 years ago.

2. For the man who was questioning why we had done some books available from other publishers, "Charity and Its Fruits" was a poor editing job done by Edward's great grandson. We redid it to make it more Edwardean, and so that it would be in a hardback edition.

"Rise and Progress" by Philip Doddridge had not undergone any editing in nearly 200 years. It was a hard read, and the typeface was not "user friendly." This is also a hardback edition done on acid-free paper.

"Hymns of Philip Doddridge" is not available elsewhere, to my knowledge.

"Sighs from hell" needed to be updated and published by itself, in my opinion. There isn't enough out there on the doctrine of hell.

"Religion Our True Interest" is being done because I thought it could use a better job of editing, plus I wanted it preserved in a hardback edition, and because we probably have more ability to get it in people's hands than does
Blue Banner.

Hope that answers the concerns.

Don Kistler

Mr. Kistler (or Mr. McMahon):

Do you know where I can buy a copy of your audio series "Meet the Puritans"?

My old church had a copy, and I absolutely loved it. I would love to buy a copy for myself.

Jeff

Jeff -

Dr. Kistler said:

He can get the set on tape or CD from Ligonier. He just has to ask for it.
They don't promote it, but if he asks for it they'll sell it to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back