Update on Maranatha Baptist Church

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan

Pastor
I thought some of you might be interested in the latest news from Lake Woe...err, I mean Maranatha church.

We are still on course to putting up the new building this Spring. We hit a few snags this Fall but those have been ironed out. Who knows what lies ahead, but the Lord does and He will take care of things in His time.

We continue to grow. We have a solid 40 people attending and will average over that. Things are going well in that regard. I believe with my more consistent presence in the community we will grow even more. My wife and I are going to buy a member's house who is moving in with his son's family. It is truly a blessing. A wonderful house that is perfect for us and at an unbelievable price. God is GREAT!

With all that we are helping plant a church in the west Rockford area where our associate pastor, Jeremiah Griffin, will be the pastor. We will be a sponsor church and they will receive support through the Southern Baptist Convention as well. Jeremiah is solidly Calvinistic. Jeremiah and I are committed to planting churches in this area. Put the last two sentences together and you will catch my drift.

Also, Jeremiah and I are attempting to start a local Founders group in the Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin area. That is proving to be very difficult to do. We want to form a group of pastors who are committed to the historic Southern Baptist principles, at least one segment of Southern Baptist history.

Well, that's all the news from Maranatha Church, where the women are submissive, the men are Braveheart-like and the pastor is a card! Well, at least I'm a card! lol

Many great works begin with struggle and adversity. Sounds like a sermon topic, doctrines of grace to me.:graduate:

Brother,

Thank you for the update. I have prayed for your church often and will continue to do so. The presence of a Founders group in your part of our state would be marvelous. Tom Ascol is on the board at MCTS, I'll put in a good word for ya' ;).

Brother,

Thank you for the update. I have prayed for your church often and will continue to do so. The presence of a Founders group in your part of our state would be marvelous. Tom Ascol is on the board at MCTS, I'll put in a good word for ya' ;).

Thank you for your continued prayers. I've been in contact with Tom. He is becoming a friend, but you can put in a good word too! It doesn't hurt! lol

Also, Jeremiah and I are attempting to start a local Founders group in the Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin area. That is proving to be very difficult to do. We want to form a group of pastors who are committed to the historic Southern Baptist principles, at least one segment of Southern Baptist history.

Why do you suppose it is very difficult? I'm kind of surprised given the relatve proximity to TEDS... a great many guys I knew there were both Baptists and committed to the doctrines of grace. But that has been many years....

Why do you suppose it is very difficult? I'm kind of surprised given the relatve proximity to TEDS... a great many guys I knew there were both Baptists and committed to the doctrines of grace. But that has been many years....

TEDS is over an hour and a half away. We're working in the Rockford-Belvidere area. Hopefully we can get the entire area of Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin area some day. And we are looking primarily at Southern Baptist churches. And finally, we both work as bi-vocational pastors. Limited time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back