URC/Reformed Bible Study @ USC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyhyde

Puritan Board Sophomore
Reformed Bible Study at USC « The Reformed Reader

Notice to all students at the University of Southern California (USC) who are interested in a Reformed Bible study:

A group of students will be getting together on campus to study the book of Romans from a confessional Reformed perspective. Please join us and invite your friends - pass this invitation along.

For questions, information, location, times, etc. contact:

USC.Reformed.Christian AT gmail DOT com

Join us as we study this book that not only lies behind the structure of our own Heidelberg Catechism (Guilt, Grace, Gratitude), but the book concerning which Calvin wrote: “When anyone gains a knowledge of this Epistle, he has an entrance opened to him to all the most hidden treasures of Scripture” (Commentary on Romans, pg. xxix).

Danny, I read this as URC/Reformed Study Bible. I thought that this was the latest craze that was going to trump the ESV study bible. Guess I misread it!

Do you have to be a member of the URC to attend the bible study?

No, it's just being hosted by Rev. Andrew Compton of Christ Reformed Church in Anaheim. He is a PhD student at UCLA but his wife is a PhD student at USC. You do have to get on campus, obviously to attend.

I passed this on to the LA Reformed Presbyterian church session as well. I am sure any help in LA for Reformation will be well received!

Just to clarify, here is part of an email from Rev. Compton:

Just as a little more detail; it's really just a student club on campus. It just happens that one of the students goes to our church and has asked me to stop by and help out. This isn't a ministry of Christ Reformed though, so I've been leaving their name out of it. I've mentioned to my elders that I'm stopping by, but not in my office as a minister, just as a "guy" who has some friends on campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back