Ursinus Commentary on the Heidelberg Catechism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Presbyterian

Puritanboard Amanuensis
Received Ursinus' Commentary on the Heidelberg Catechism (as well as The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment) from UPS today and have began to read and it is dynamite!!!

Awesome book.

Praise the Lord for so many wonderful resources! That commentary has been in my sights for a while; post some gems if you get a chance. :)

I'll never understand how people can read books online. My eyes hurt just reading the PB.

Yes, many prefer to hold a book in their hands over reading a book online, and I am one of them too. I love to sit in my chair far away from the computer and just turn the pages with glass in hand. But the number of books worth having on one's bookshelf is overwhelming (Ecc. 12.12), and not everyone can afford to purchase every worthwhile book. I have provided hundreds, if not thousands, of links to online books for those folks, who may want to preview a book online before buying it, see an older edition that has differences from the modern editions in print, be able to copy and paste texts rather than typing from a book in hand, and otherwise make use of electronic texts. I believe e-texts have value as a supplement to hardcopy books. They are not a replacement, they are not even better, but they have value, at least for some folks.

P&R.

Amazon: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Commentary-Zacharias-Ursinus-Heidelberg-Catechism/dp/0875524540/]Amazon.com: Commentary of Dr. Zacharias Ursinus on the Heidelberg Catechism: Z. Ursinus: Books[/ame]

When you take into account the great prices on shipping and no taxes (for a non Pennsylvania resident), WTS beats just about everyone every time. I buy from some of the others to support their ministry. But, man, WTS does a GREAT service!

Received Ursinus' Commentary on the Heidelberg Catechism (as well as The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment) from UPS today and have began to read and it is dynamite!!!

Awesome book.

Goto page 199 & 200. It's like reading a logic textbook. Some of the best dealing with heresies I've read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back