Use of Intruments in Worship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Presbyterian

Puritanboard Amanuensis
I highly recommend John Price's new book "Old Light on New Worship" concerning this topic. I recently took a course at RPTS on Worship and was quite convicted by this nice tome. Also recommend Girardeau's "Instrumental Music in the Public Worship of the Church"

You might try out our search feature on those names and titles; there have been some extended discussion about that subject, as well as psalmody, and the regulative principle of worship (RPW) generally.:cheers:

I can see you are the man to go to with book questions :book2:

No kidding. I joined PB six months ago and am blown away daily by our brother's bibliographic mastery. He is the Jedi Master of books, at least those of Reformed theology and Puritan provenance.

Last edited:

No kidding. I joined PB six months ago and an blown away daily by our brother's bibliographic mastery. He is the Jedi Master of books, at least those of Reformed theology and Puritan provenance.

Oh my library still has books I acquired when I was still on the dark side. For references purposes, anyway.
starwars8ee.gif

No kidding. I joined PB six months ago and an blown away daily by our brother's bibliographic mastery. He is the Jedi Master of books, at least those of Reformed theology and Puritan provenance.

Oh my library still has books I acquired when I was still on the dark side. For references purposes, anyway.
starwars8ee.gif

Hey, Andrew, what are the volumes beside you in your avatar?

starwars8ee.gif

complete collection of the hardy boys

starwars8ee.gif

:lol: Actually, that would be (from the Puritan Resource Center in Grand Rapids, MI) the Works of William Perkins (3 volumes); The Mystery and Marrow of the Bible: viz. God’s Covenants with Man and Clavis Bibliorum, The Key of the Bible, unlocking the richest treasury of the Holy Scriptures by Francis Roberts; and Naaman the Syrian, his disease and cure by Daniel Rogers.

:lol: Actually, that would be (from the Puritan Resource Center in Grand Rapids, MI) the Works of William Perkins (3 volumes); The Mystery and Marrow of the Bible: viz. God’s Covenants with Man and Clavis Bibliorum, The Key of the Bible, unlocking the richest treasury of the Holy Scriptures by Francis Roberts; and Naaman the Syrian, his disease and cure by Daniel Rogers.

:offtopic: But are the works of William Perkins only 3 volumes? I thought there were more.

:offtopic: But are the works of William Perkins only 3 volumes? I thought there were more.

It was published early on as three volumes. The forthcoming RHB edition is supposed to be six volumes.

It was published early on as three volumes. The forthcoming RHB edition is supposed to be six volumes.

When is it coming out?

The great thing about the works of Perkins in his Avitar is that it is the works of William Perkins that was owned by Charles Spurgeon (it has his seal on the inside) then it was owned by Arthur Pink and it is filled with side notes by Pink.

Very interesting piece of Reformed history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back