I have many bibles, in all the translations, but use my NKJV Reformation Study Bible for research, mark-up, preaching, and carrying along wherever I may be going and feel the need to have my Bible handy.
I also use a 1599 Geneva Study Bible and a Thompson NKJV (the only Thompson with all chains completed) to supplement my studies. For personal and devotional study I use a Zondervan KJV Study Bible, the Scrivener's paragraph translation. This version relies upon updated notes from the NIV Study Bible. Too bad it is only available in a bonded leather binding. One day I will send it off to be rebound in some luxurious leather and pass it along to my son when the day comes.
I occasionally refer to my ESV and NASB translations and study bible versions, too.
For my NKJV Reformation Study Bible, I extracted, by careful use of a dissecting surgical blade, the Open Bible's Cyclopedic Index, the various Confessions contained in the back of Pratt's Spirit of the Reformation Study Bible, and the topical index from MacArthur's Study Bible. I have these items taped into my NKJV Reformation Study Bible. Too bad no one offers an option to create electronically, by mixing and matching the features of others Bibles, a personalized Study Bible.
AMR