Van Kleeck vs White: The Textus Receptus As The Word Of God Is Equal To The New Testament Autographs

• Thread starter Deleted member 12919 by request
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else listen to the debate yet?

After the part of PVK I watched, and the reviews, I’m wary of wasting my time.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not what Clark and others are doing. We are not criticizing certainty itself, only illegitimate forms of certainty.

Who decides what's legitimate and not? Clark includes six day creation under his QIRC. I should take advice from him on what is and isn't legitimate?

Who decides what's legitimate and not? Clark includes six day creation under his QIRC. I should take advice from him on what is and isn't legitimate?
Certainty based on specious argumentation is by definition illegitimate certainty.

No person is needed to proclaim legitimacy.

That's actually a logical fallacy, but that's not the point at the moment. The thing is we have routinely demonstrated your quest for certainty to be false. Therefore, continuing seeking that type of certainty is obviously illegitimate.

I have been wondering about this too. Are you implying Apologia has a weak view of Reformed Confessions?
I could be corrected on this, but I don't see anything that indicates they are a confessional church. If they hold to the 1689 Baptist Confession, they don't advertise it publicly.

I could be corrected on this, but I don't see anything that indicates they are a confessional church. If they hold to the 1689 Baptist Confession, they don't advertise it publicly.

Having attended there a number of times, I can tell you that Apologia Church claims to officially hold to the 1689 Baptist Confession. It used to be prominent on their website, and when I talked to Jeff Durbin about it he seemed surprised to hear that it wasn't listed on there anymore (I don't think that he personally closely polices their website).

As part of their liturgy they also recite the Baptist Catechism (also commonly, but incorrectly, referred to as Keach's Catechism).

Having attended there a number of times, I can tell you that Apologia Church claims to officially hold to the 1689 Baptist Confession. It used to be prominent on their website, and when I talked to Jeff Durbin about it he seemed surprised to hear that it wasn't listed on there anymore (I don't think that he personally closely polices their website).

As part of their liturgy they also recite the Baptist Catechism (also commonly, but incorrectly, referred to as Keach's Catechism).
Thanks! That's helpful!

Anyone else listen to the debate yet?

After the part of PVK I watched, and the reviews, I’m wary of wasting my time.
Seeing it was Dr. Van Kleeck’s first debate, he didn’t do his best to represent his camp, of which I am not in. When he posted that theorem to prove the TR = autographs, he lost me, as I’ve never heard of that theorem before.

I could not help but roll my eyes when he declared himself the winner when he didn’t clearly state his position. Dr. White won the debate, but his opponent had never been in one. Hopefully he does more and grows and better states his position.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back