Van Til-Clark debate settled - once and for all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew this would come up eventually!
209048.gif

Originally posted by SemperFideles
How about if I make a Clark icon of this:
clark.jpg

[Edited on 9-29-2006 by SemperFideles]

Clark II, mini-Clark, Clark-redux, Return of Clark.

I wish.

Maybe neo-Clark?

Not the Anti-Clark. That would be: (insert image of Paul Manata - I can't find it.)

:p :)

Originally posted by Jeff_Bartel
Originally posted by crhoades
Originally posted by WrittenFromUtopia
How illogical.

It's not illogical. It's paradoxical :rofl:

Just to play this out like a Clarkian..."How do you KNOW it is paradoxical and not illogical?" ;)

I will demonstrate is with a my indomitable vanparadigmtransparadoxicalneologicaltilian argument.

[Edited on 9-29-2006 by Civbert]

Just so you Clark guys don't feel left out, I have this uploaded to the smilies directory but haven't associated a text alias to it:
clark.gif

The link to it is: "http://www.puritanboard.com/forum/images/smilies/clark.gif"

[Edited on 9-30-2006 by SemperFideles]

I am so NOT posting any pictures of me! Be warned, fellow posters, if it can happen to Manata no one's safe!!!

[Edited on 9-29-2006 by turmeric]

[Edited on 9-29-2006 by turmeric]

No Clark? What a shame.

Soli Deo Gloria

Jon
Wait a manata minute. Wasn't it Van Till and Clark that mapped out the country? No wait, my mistake that was C. S. Lewis, not Van Till. It was Lewis and Clark, now I remember. It was Colombo who discovered it, right? He could figure anything out on the least of clues. Anyways, it just ain't right not to have their images in our icon section.

Hold it. That sounds like we've returned to the old Roman Catholic Church. Maybe even the Eastern Orthodox. We threw out the icons long ago, didn't we?

Do these things transubstantiate our identities? Or do they consbustantiate our identities?

I mean, if Clark goes, then they all have to go. Organs too. May as well, my touchpad just now started to go haywire. I think somebody spilled coffee on it. If keyboards have to go, then so do touchpads. And we might as well throw out those IBM compatible mousepads too, if anyone still has them.

I'd better stop before these things add up to ninety-five, and get nailed up on some church doors.

:clark:

Actually, you should check before assuming...

It was made available 9/29, the day after the VT one. sheesh.

Actually, that's a smiley of bigfoot, and I challenge any Clarkian to show me how he knows otherwise!

So, there's still no Clark emoticon!

Paul, that is a vicious lie. I have empirical proof of Bigfoot. I took this while on a business trip in California this summer.

bigfoot.jpg

Sean,

C'mon, who are you kidding? Everyone knows you cropped my head on to your body.

I admit the serious lack of hair on top is a bit of a mystery, but it still doesn't answer the epistemological question you avoid like Bigfoot and Kodaks. As for everyone, which is perhaps your best argument, they all might be wrong. Besides, I have more hair.
:D

I was going to help out with the verse that says "All men are liars" when I remembered the rest of the verse; "I said in my heart all men are liars."

:rofl:

Sean, I'll answer any question you have for me. I'll bend over backwards to answer. etc Before I do, though, I request that you show me how you know that I avoid any epistemological question(s).

Now, if that's just your unjustified opinion, then I'll be kind and allow you to continue opining here on the PB.

You'll allow me? Who are you? I thought you're head looked a little inflated above, but I had no idea that you had such power to "allow" me to stay on these boards. I must have missed your name listed as an owner?

Especially since it's Christmas time. On the other hand, if you do know it, please deduce said proposition from Scripture.

Since Christmas is a popish day observed and kept without warrant per the Scriptures, I guess this explains both your authoritarian posturing and the source of your epistemology. Maybe next time I'll add a funny hat to your picture. :cheers: Until then, I can tell by your game play that "The Philosopher" plays a bigger role in your epistemology than does the Scripture. So, let me ask you to first define what you mean by "know" above or should I just refer to Aristotle, or, would your man Aquinas suffice? My guess is you won't define how you intend to use the word since along with ad populum and other fallacies, the equivocation game is another one of your stock arguments. See what I mean by Bigfoots and Kodaks. They seem to avoid each other like the plague. Kinda like you and biblical epistemology.

I was going to help out with the verse that says "All men are liars" when I remembered the rest of the verse; "I said in my heart all men are liars."

:rofl:

But we at least know that Cretans are.
Titus 1
12 One of the Cretans, a prophet of their own, said, "Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, lazy gluttons."
13 This testimony is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back