Verne Poythress's Second Book on the Trinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
In case you haven't heard, Verne Poythress has just published The Mystery of the Trinity: A Trinitarian Approach to the Attributes of God. It runs to more than 700 pages, and is available now from Reformation Heritage Books and Amazon.

I was surprised by this because, just two years ago, he published Knowing and the Trinity: How Perspectives in Human Knowledge Imitate the Trinity which, itself, runs to more than 400 pages.

Nevertheless, it should be quite good.

Richard, this book is more focused on the attributes rather than the Trinity, though it is explicitly a Trinitarian approach to the attributes.

I'm looking forward to having some time to dig into this one, probably in December. I find it easy to get stuck thinking about the Trinity, and teaching about it, merely as necessary doctrines that keep you from being an accidental heretic. There's not much beauty in it that way. I'm hopeful that taking a a trinitarian approach to God's attributes will help me better see God's beauty through the Trinity, giving me new and better reasons to think about the Trinity and new and better ways to teach about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back