Video of Al Mohler's personal library/study

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andres

Puritan Board Doctor
Wow. Just wow. In case you haven't already seen it, here is a video of Dr. Mohler giving a tour of his personal library/study. Please try not to covet.

[video=vimeo;8693850]http://vimeo.com/8693850[/video]

Early in that video [@1:25], a portrait can be seen over a mantle. It isn't the one of Richard Sibbes shown on the cover of Dever's biography, but it may be another of Sibbes. Can't quite tell.

Since Wayne mentioned Dr. Dever, here is his study also. Not quite as impressive as Dr. Mohler's, but still much farther along than mine! Praise God for these men and their faithfulness to the gospel.

[video=vimeo;7713246]http://vimeo.com/7713246[/video]

Since Wayne mentioned Dr. Dever, here is his study also. Not quite as impressive as Dr. Mohler's, but still much farther along than mine! Praise God for these men and their faithfulness to the gospel.

[video=vimeo;7713246]http://vimeo.com/7713246[/video]

And a bobblehead of Mohler too (and Spurgeon). I saw him at Southern in June. He probably bought those at the seminary's bookstore. He didn't when I was there...I was at the register next to the one he was at. Cool.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Yes, that is Sibbes.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Can't get that from a Kindle!

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Watching Dever now. This is cool.

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Dever: "These are my books...my tools...my friends".

Actually, it was a bit overwhelming to covet. It was cool though. I'd like to have a personal tour of it. To see not only the books, but also the portraits and knickknacks.

I have listened to all of the 9 Marks leadership series interviews (As should all of you. They are worth their weight in gold) and Dr. Dever has more than once talked about how his office is a little small for all of his books.

Sort of makes my library look, well, my library at the present is in boxes in the attic. It has been for three years now. I keep a select few down in the house, the rest are boxed. We just don't have the room. Perhaps I should build and addition and model it after Mohler's library. Hmm....

That room seems very cluttered to me. I think it would be quite hard to concentrate.

Did you hear the part about coffee beans absorbing odors that might harm books? Cool! I have never heard of that before.

The only thing I would add is more windows for natural light, but the study is in his basement.

I would much rather have a mind that has read all of those books than a room full of the actual thing. If I were to have such a library, I'd be overwhelmed with how little I have actually read.

Those were nice but you should see my study.:wink::smug:

okay maybe my study is not quite that overwhelming, but I love it just the same:hug::book2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back