View of threads, sorted by OP date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wretched Man

Puritan Board Freshman
It would be nice to be able to view threads in order as they’ve been created. I feel like many threads get buried quickly if there aren’t immediate and continual replies. I guess they are sorted as such under the different forums, however there are a lot of forums....

There's not an option for that far as I can see. Use Advance search, plug in a date as far back as you want to start and click sort by date. It only offers most recent to least but it sounds like what you want. Book mark the search and it should keep track from that date you set. That's all I can suggest unless Rich can find any option in the back end for what you are asking.

There's not an option for that far as I can see. Use Advance search, plug in a date as far back as you want to start and click sort by date. It only offers most recent to least but it sounds like what you want. Book mark the search and it should keep track from that date you set. That's all I can suggest unless Rich can find any option in the back end for what you are asking.
Right, this is a suggestion I'm making. To be more specific, I would recommend an alternate view which sorts threads by when their OP date/time. So essentially, you could have two primary ways to view the latest activity: 1) by the latest posts 2) by the latest threads

To get even more specific (again, just a suggestion based on experience in other blogs), when listing the threads, identify how many posts were made and how many unread posts were made (so you can tell if there have been posts made to a thread since the last time you viewed it).

This way, you can quickly peruse a comprehensive listing of the latest threads and determine which ones you haven't looked at yet.

You could just scroll back to the bolded posts (not read) back to the last date you checked.

Right, this is a suggestion I'm making. To be more specific, I would recommend an alternate view which sorts threads by when their OP date/time. So essentially, you could have two primary ways to view the latest activity: 1) by the latest posts 2) by the latest threads

To get even more specific (again, just a suggestion based on experience in other blogs), when listing the threads, identify how many posts were made and how many unread posts were made (so you can tell if there have been posts made to a thread since the last time you viewed it).

This way, you can quickly peruse a comprehensive listing of the latest threads and determine which ones you haven't looked at yet.
That's fine, but suggesting it to Rich will do no good if the software doesn't afford that, in which case it needs submitting to Xenforo for an update. But Rich @Semper Fidelis will need to look into that to see if as currently structured that can be done. I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back