Vitringa on Isaiah

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirginiaHuguenot

Puritanboard Librarian
Does anyone know whether Campeius Vitringa's commentary on Isaiah's has been translated into English and, whether in English or not, where I might be able to find a copy (online or hardcopy)?

Here is a brief portion of the massive work. Latin starts on 160; English translation follows a few pages later. It's not much, but it's something.

Google books has the whole book in Latin only. They do have other of his works in English.

Google books has the whole book in Latin only. They do have other of his works in English.

Really? Can you send me a link to that? I couldn't find it there at all.

Andrew: I found a few booksellers that sell hardcopies of it (Latin), but the cheapest one is $376; most are about $420. Let me know if you want some links.

My pastor is in possession of this volume and is considering translating the massive work into English. I think he would want to find someone interested in printing it before doing the translation, though. So, if anyone knows anyone . . . ;)

My pastor is in possession of this volume and is considering translating the massive work into English. I think he would want to find someone interested in printing it before doing the translation, though. So, if anyone knows anyone . . . ;)

Have him contact Reformation Heritage Books, as they are always looking for classics texts to publish into English.

pitching in

Puritan lovers like us should take up a collection to help finance the translation and publishing. Perhaps a subscription like the way Gill's Commentaries were re-printed by Baptist Standard Bearer. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back