WAR OF THE WORLDS - Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
My wife and I saw WoTW. It was obviously up to par on special affects. Quite impressive, loud and a bit scary too. The story line, as everyone knows the story, was slimmed down a bit. Aliens attack, Tom Cruise (Ray) tries to escape thier clutches to save his family.

I did like that they kept God in the picture as to why the aliens died (for those who know the story).

Overall I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

I thought it was excellent, except for the last 3 minutes. I'm sure that is just how the story ends, but we all sat there wanting more explanation as to exactly WHY the aliens died. I give it a 7.5/10, because the rest of the movie was so dang good.

I would give it 8/10. Although the the last 3mins were a bit lame I felt it was the only real way they could conclude the story with plausible happy endding.

Saw it today.I thought it was pretty good.Honestly,it was kind of scary.I actually enjoyed the ending unlike most people.

I also got to see the King Kong trailer.One word: AWESOME!

I saw War of the Worlds on July 4th. The Cinematography was really impressive (especially the Storm footage in the first 5-15 minutes of the movie). It was frightful in places and consequently not an appropriate view for small children. The ending was pretty clear to me. The aliens died because they consumed human flesh and blood of which that did not have immunities against - a pretty good advertisment for the Biblical fact that we live in a "body of sin and death".

[Edited on 7-24-2005 by BrianBowman]

Too much cursing for me. With the way Ray handled his children I can understand (worldly) why he is divorced.

I was an intense movie. How long could that probe go through the house? Ray should have gotten a can of Raid and gone after the aliens in the house. They looked similar to a deformed cricket.

I'd go see it again.

My wife and I rented this last Friday night. I thought the story line was pretty weak (divorced dad rekindles relationship with son??) and the alien thing took sort of a backseat.

What was up with the roots growing everywhere? Were they Terraforming?

Special effects were cool.

Ending was weak.

Two stars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back