Warnings Against Judging Brothers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexander,

It grieves me as well to see those responses lodged at you. The best response to such post is to report to mods and don’t fight fire with fire. For what it is worth, I am glad you are concerned about modesty and I am thankful your denomination’s website closes each Lord’s Day (others should follow in my opinion). Stepping back from this thread myself. May you have a blessed day.

Sincerely,
G

G,

Perhaps it grieves you but should it surprise you? There’s a consistent history here of this person jumping the gun and even making reckless remarks. Also, it’s not as though the mods play favorites. I’m merely pointing out that given this person’s modus operandi, I find it a bit ironic that he’s looking for sympathy from the mods. It’s kind of like the mafia Don who after taking the law into his own hands for his own private gain looks to the police for protection when things don’t go quite as planned.

G,

Perhaps it grieves you but should it surprise you? There’s a consistent history here of this person jumping the gun and even making reckless remarks. Also, it’s not as though the mods play favorites. I’m merely pointing out that given this person’s modus operandi, I find it a bit ironic that he’s looking for sympathy from the mods. It’s kind of like the mafia Don who after taking the law into his own hands for his own private gain looks to the police for protection when things don’t go quite as planned.
No I am not surprised. However post like this :https://www.puritanboard.com/threads/warnings-against-judging-brothers.99647/#post-1217746

sadden me just as much as some of the methods ( or tones) utilized by Mr. Smith.:detective:

Last edited:
No I am not surprised. However post like this :https://www.puritanboard.com/threads/warnings-against-judging-brothers.99647/#post-1217746

sadden me just as much as some of the methods ( or tones) utilized by Mr. Smith.:detective:

Hey, wait a minute - now, you're talking about me! :butbutbut:

He comes out of the woodwork to lay on the guilt and rules and then plays the victim when folks fire back at him. If his views are representative of his denomination, I'm crossing that whole lot off my list.

G,

I am not asking for sympathy merely pointing out the inconsistencies. And as for jumping the gun and making reckless remarks: "Hello Kettle, this is RWD. You're black."

Hey, wait a minute - now, you're talking about me!

He comes out of the woodwork to lay on the guilt and rules and then plays the victim when folks fire back at him. If his views are representative of his denomination, I'm crossing that whole lot off my list.

Yes I am. Your conduct in that discussion about child abuse in the church was disgraceful and you know it. The way you addressed anyone who disagreed with you even slightly on that topic was uncharitable in the extreme, essentially accusing us of turning a blind eye to abuse. Which is fine, whatever, I expect that from you. But don't then come at me as if I am uniquely offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back