Was Hatshepsut the daugter of Pharoh who adopted Moses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeutter

Puritan Board Senior
Was Hatshepsut who is sometimes listed as a Pharoh in the 18th Egyptian Dynasty identified in the Bible as Pharoh' Daughter?. Others have argued that Hatshepsut was not a Pharoh but was the Queen Mother and Regent to Thutmose III. I am told this was the position of Meredith Kline, but I can't find it in writing So, according to historical documents, who was Pharaoh’s daughter? Based on the year that Moses was born and the ruling 18th Egyptian dynasty of the time, Hatshepsut believed by some scholars to be the most likely candidate. She was the only surviving child of Thutmose I (her other two brothers had died), whose reign began approximately in 1526 B.C. – the year Moses was born. Hatshepsut was the principal wife of her half brother Thutmose II. After his death Hatshepsut began her 22-year reign or regency as pharaoh 14 years after her father’s coronation around 1512 B.C. Thutmose III was the son of Thutmose II by a minor wife. She would seem to be the reigning Egyptian Pharaoh’s only daughter during the time Moses was floating down the Nile river. That also might be the explanation for Moses having the name that he did.
Here is a recent fiction book on the topic by someone who studied under Kline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back