"Water Cooler"

Status
Not open for further replies.

he beholds

Puritan Board Doctor
What about a forum to announce pregnancies, births, adoptions, new pets, or any additions to the family? I notice that we have a lot of those occurring pretty frequently here! I think it should be called the water cooler, because "we drank the water" is what a lot of us say when announcing.
I do understand if there aren't quite enough of these announcements to create an entire forum for, so I'm OK if this idea doesn't fly!

I second the motion.... or just add a forum just about pregnancy. it could have anouncments, people who might be trying to get preg, or for ladies to talk about being preg or who have just had the baby and want to share advice or info....please

Me, three! With expecting our first, I have a lot of questions--anybody want to PM about prenatal testing? (Not to hijack the thread, but the right people are likely to see it!)

I think the forum is a good idea, but I defer to the admin/mods.

I just adopted a new kitten! His name's Asaph!

-----Added 9/21/2009 at 12:48:46 EST-----

(Sorry, couldn't wait!) :oops:

I bought a new pair of socks. Could we have a forum for announcing recent acquisitions, as well as seeking advice for which item of clothing to buy?

I agree. I would love a place to announce my new fish when I get around to getting it.

Well, I know you are joking, but I am serious about pets, etc. I do not think they are the same as man, but I do realize that everyone is not in the same stage here on the PB! Some people may never be parents, some may have been-there-done-that, some may be single, etc. I know that when we got a puppy before we had kids I sent a mass email to our friends announcing our newest addition! I guess I should have added new nieces and nephews and grandchildren, etc, to the list. I am sure we don't need a forum for this, it was just a thought♥

Do we really need yet another forum? As it is, I only use New Posts and search as it's impossible to find anything by looking through the various forums and sub-forums. In my opinion, if there aren't enough topics posted to make up about a page a week of topics it shouldn't have its own forum.

I agree. I would love a place to announce my new fish when I get around to getting it.

Well, I know you are joking, but I am serious about pets, etc. I do not think they are the same as man, but I do realize that everyone is not in the same stage here on the PB! Some people may never be parents, some may have been-there-done-that, some may be single, etc. I know that when we got a puppy before we had kids I sent a mass email to our friends announcing our newest addition! I guess I should have added new nieces and nephews and grandchildren, etc, to the list. I am sure we don't need a forum for this, it was just a thought♥

Actually I was not joking. I am quite serious. I am single and my fish mean a lot to me.

I think the coffee shop was supposed to serve these purposes. You know discuss the latest over coffee. :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back