Ways to make your wife feel loved and appreciated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colleen, we actually did used to have a giant penguin he got me on one of our anniversaries (name of Sanballat) but we gave it to a little girl when we went to Mexico :)

Colleen, we actually did used to have a giant penguin he got me on one of our anniversaries (name of Sanballat) but we gave it to a little girl when we went to Mexico :)

Oh that is so cool! Have pictures to post in God's Creation forum?

I ought to have clarified that it was a giant stuffed penguin. But if you think that it would be appreciated I can post a picture of it in the God's Creation forum?

I'll add...

I ought to have clarified that it was a giant stuffed penguin. But if you think that it would be appreciated I can post a picture of it in the God's Creation forum?

This exchange reminded me of one related to the OPC...

Laugh together!...I'm laughing right now...lol:lol: Not at, but with you, for a second I had the same image in my mind.

Maybe he'll buy you a penguin instead :lol:

And now Lady F jumps on the batmobile bandwagon. Way to be two-faced!

I could say that allusion is just riddled with errors, but I shall refrain.

I'd better shut and stop hijacking this thread or I could be eating (scare)crow.

Sure ;)

:lol:

(a rare use for me of the laughing smiley)

My thanks are still not reloaded but all those posts were very useful; thank you.

I was a bachelor for 33 years, so I learned to cook and clean and all that long before I met her. But have you tried cooking a meal for her sometime? Also, set the table and clean up afterward. That would let her know you think she is special.

And here's a suggestion (not one that I've followed personally though!); perhaps taking the time to write her a long love letter (and I mean hand write, not type) would be good. Godly men of old did that to their loves.

Back when I was wooing her, I memorized poems and recited those to her. In particular, I memorized Bobby Burns' "O My Love Is Like a Red, Red Rose" (she's Scottish, remember!). Perhaps you can do that!

I do cook meals and I actually just pulled out an old "love journal", it's a journal with a leather cover that folds around and ties off. We write eachother a love letter on the next open page and leave it for the other to find. I have never thought about memorizing a poem though :think:

One I had to find out the hard way -- turn off the TV while she is talking to you! This is especially effective if sports are on!

I've also recently found that too much time on the puritanboard does not go down too well!:detective:

Very true my wife called the PB Bathsheba one time.... I took about a month off after that one :um:

-----Added 3/6/2009 at 04:14:47 EST-----

One I had to find out the hard way -- turn off the TV while she is talking to you! This is especially effective if sports are on!

I've also recently found that too much time on the puritanboard does not go down too well!:detective:

Do what I did- get her on it!

Theognome

Good idea... Reminds me of a good friend of mines daughters. They sit in there same house (sometimes in the same room) and instant message eachother :p.

Last edited:

Do what I did- get her on it!

Theognome

:rofl:

Very true my wife called the PB Bathsheba one time.... I took about a month off after that one

My wife laughed when I read this out to her. She has recently begun to revert to herself as a puritan board widow!

My husband makes me feel loved and appreciated in countless ways. One way is by talking with me about what he is thinking. Not at every point in the process of making a decision or thinking through something, of course, but when he does so it makes me glad that he judges it worthwhile to discuss what's on his mind with me. Not to denigrate these things, but if all I was useful for was feeding and cleaning up after him (I say it respectfully :)), I wouldn't hesitate to wonder why he didn't just hire me as a maid.

If she likes sweets and jewels, try one of these-

diamond.jpg

Theognome

I am looking for suggestions on special things I can do for my wife to make her feel appreciated and loved. When we first married I always went out of my way to do little things that my wife appreciated. I will admit that I have slipped in my duties. Six years, two boys, work, etc... Men please let me know what yall have done and ladies let me know what your husbands have done for you. I would really like to here from the ladies. What can we husbands do for our wives that will show our love and appreciation?

Buy her a new iron. Women love getting stuff like that...;)

Whatever you do don't buy her trash cans! Brad did that for our 5th anniversary and it wasn't pretty. He actually hid some earrings in one of them, but I was so mad by the time I got to the earrings I couldn't see straight. I haven't lived that one down and neither has he. Everytime I wear the earrings my kids and an elderly man in our church say "Nice trashcans!" This is eight years later. It is funny now, but it wasn't then.

I am worried that you have to ask...

You know her better than we do. You said you "used to do little things". Do them again.

All I can say after 43 years with my sweetheart, is it's not what you buy her that makes a difference.

:ditto:

Some might not agree with me, but I think receiving store bought cards, chocolates, and flowers are cheesy. If I wanted chocolate, I could buy it on my next shopping trip and flowers can be grown in the back yard if I wanted them. For a card, I would much rather receive a homemade card with a picture of chocolate and flowers drawn on the front and when you opened it there would be picture of a card drawn on the inside. At least this took some thought, not to mention I would be...:rofl:

Be creative, maybe you could let her plan a day just for the two of you and let her decide what to do or give her a day to herself while you watch the kids so she can get caught up on some things. If you are wanting to buy a new book...buy one that you could read together for discussion.

Be creative, maybe you could let her plan a day just for the two of you and let her decide what to do or give her a day to herself while you watch the kids so she can get caught up on some things. If you are wanting to buy a new book...buy one that you could read together for discussion.

:agree:

But I also like getting flowers ;)

[/QUOTE]
Very true my wife called the PB Bathsheba one time.... I took about a month off after that one

My wife laughed when I read this out to her. She has recently begun to revert to herself as a puritan board widow![/QUOTE]

:lol:

Ruben is kind and patient every day.

For instance one evening recently I didn't do a very good job making dinner (readjusting to an electric stove from a gas skillet) and asked him about his meal (I knew it was an abomination). He smiled happily and said, "Well the chicken is burned, the peas are crunchy, and the potatoes are smushy. But here I sit, eating it all, because I love you."

Maybe you can't always say something so perfectly charming, but that sort of happy gentleness and patience daily mean more than any special occasion thing to me.

If I ever said that my wife would nail me. I just eat it and keep my mouth shut

She likes me to giver her a back rub. Clean the toilets for her cause she hates it.
Also likes flowers and little note or poor poetry I write and leave for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back