WCF, long & short catechism in Modern English

Status
Not open for further replies.

panta dokimazete

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
Trying to find all docs online in Modern English to introduce them to the pastors I am visiting in Uganda.

with scripture proof text would be perfect.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
I believe the version in the Trinity Hymnal is a modern version. This is a good resource for you will have Psalms, hymns, creeds, the confession and the shorter catechism all in one place. Although I don't think scripture proofs are included.

Trying to find all docs online in Modern English to introduce them to the pastors I am visiting in Uganda.

with scripture proof text would be perfect.

Any help appreciated.

You might be surprised and find the Ugandans much quicker to open a dictionary than us Americans.

I believe the version in the Trinity Hymnal is a modern version. This is a good resource for you will have Psalms, hymns, creeds, the confession and the shorter catechism all in one place. Although I don't think scripture proofs are included.

Thanks, I'll take a look. Wonder if their version is copy write protected?

I really want to get an Internet version out there.

I am not sure but the old Trinity probably had the PCUSA text. Not sure about the new hymnal. See The Westminster Confession of Faith with a parallel Modern English Study Version that GCP puts out. Also, See Westminster Confession and Catechisms in Modern English
Rowland S. Ward. 3rd ed; Paperback. 2001. Not sure if there has been a more recent edition.

My Systematic Theology prof, Dr. Douglas Kelly wrote a modern Shorter Catechism found here.

You really can't go wrong with $2.50 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back