WCF & Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottmaciver

Puritan Board Sophomore
Can anyone tell me if there are many denominations in America which legitimately hold to the original Westminster Confession of Faith, rather than to the revisions?

I'd also be interested to hear of denominations outside of America which hold the the original WCF

The RPCUS is the only other somewhat large denomination I know of that holds to the original WCF. They also require some other distinctives for elders. The RPCNA (although they also have a testimony which in effect makes some revisions) does as well. The RPC, Hanover Presbytry seems to hold to the original.

The Covenant Presbyterian Church (the paedo-communion denomination where Dr. R. C. Sproul, Jr. is a minister) does. As well as the schismatic and tiny group that Greg Price is affiliated with.

Last edited:
The RPCNA (although they also have a testimony which in effect makes some revisions) does as well.

Correct. To be more specific, the Testimony, (set alongside the original Confession) rejects the Confession at some points.

Since I wasn't aware of just what the aforementioned revisions were I did a google search and came up with a closed PB thread in which this explanation by Joe Morecraft was linked. In case there is anyone else unschooled on the subject here it is ;

http://rpcus.wordpress.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back