We are Pumpkins now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuritanCovenanter

The Joyful Curmudgeon
Staff member
My Dad sends me stupid e-mails all the time that say I need to send it to 10 more friends and back to him. I hate these things. But he sent me this one and I thought it was cute.

A woman was asked by a coworker, "What is it like to be a Christian?"

The coworker replied, "It is like being a pumpkin." God picks you from the patch, brings you in, and washes all the dirt off of you. Then He cuts off the top and scoops out all the yucky stuff.

He removes the seeds of doubt, hate, and greed. Then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside of you to shine for all the world to see."

Nothing is wrong with using the word "cute".

It is a shortened form from "acute" actually.

It can mean:

1. Delightfully pretty or dainty.
2. Obviously contrived to charm; precious: "œ [He] mugs so ferociously he kills the humorit's an insufferably cute performance" (David Ansen).
3. Shrewd; clever.

Now, Ben, can we not use any of the words in the definitions and not still be men ? ? King David used many soft words in the Psalms. Describing his own soul as a deer panting for water is the first one that comes to mind. He did not say a lion, he said a deer. Not what I would of chosen.

Addendum: Just read the thread you posted and it seems like you guys had a running joke about the term "cute". So forgive if I lacked the historical knowledge.

[Edited on 10-10-2005 by Saiph]

partial post from Manly Man:lol:

What is important to note, is that while a Manly Man may employ these terms in describing females, he may NEVER say of another male 'You look beautiful' or 'You're the cutest little bundle of joy I've ever seen' or some other such phrase. To do so reveals that a major breach of Manly Man Policy has occured.

I used the term when my very little males were but weened. They were the cutest little bundles of joy I had received this side of heaven. They were adorable and held my affections strongly as they still do. I am a Manly Man.

I still thought the pumpkin thing was....
2)Obviously contrived to charm
3)Shrewd and clever.

Hey, I thought it was preeeeeeciousssss.

Seriously, not a bad alternative when presented with the usual "witicisms" from evangelicals...I can put up with it ;)

At least they got it right that it's God who picks you out of the patch. They will do anything to conform to the world it seems. We now have a good reason to do pumkins in the fall.
dry.gif
They did this with the candy cane and the Christmas tree too.
new_rolleyessmileyanim.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back