We need better champions against Wokeism (the Founders Trailer disaster)

Status
Not open for further replies.
these agendas (the sex abuse should not be included- as this is a very legitimate and delicate matter that needs to be properly addressed and accounted for)

Unfortunately brother, the #MeToo movement cannot be excluded from these discussions. There are godless, anti-Christian forces using the issue of sexual abuse the same way they have used issues like racism. They redefine it to suit their purpose and then use it like a club to bludgeon their opponents into submission.

I believe the #churchtoo movement is very valid.

Churches have consistently done a bad job in this area, to the hurt of many. Abuse in churches is a huge blindspot. I believe predators groom churches just like they do individuals because they know that churches are often very trsuting and gullible and will often not go to the lawful authorities.

Just because unbelievers will leverage any and all controversies within the church to slander the church does not mean that the church does not need to improve its handling of abuse.

It is definitely a losing battle to lump in #churchtoo with the other SJW nonsense happening in the church. It is a sure-fire recipe to lose support even from the Founder's base (of which I still consider myself).

It is wise for the Founders to not go there.

We have ample evidence of a long train of failures in the area of sexual abuse in the church. Among Reformed Baptists, too.
That goes without saying. But the #MeToo movement is not about addressing sexual abuse. It's about using that issue as a weapon against anyone you want to take out. And there are godless, Christ-hating people who have and will continue to use it against the church. Acknowledging that fact does not mean someone is indifferent to sexual abuse. But refusing to acknowledge it is downright foolish.

That goes without saying. But the #MeToo movement is not about addressing sexual abuse. It's about using that issue as a weapon against anyone you want to take out. And there are godless, Christ-hating people who have and will continue to use it against the church. Acknowledging that fact does not mean someone is indifferent to sexual abuse. But refusing to acknowledge it is downright foolish.

I have never said the #Metoo Movement. I mentioned the #Churchtoo movement on purpose.

I have never said the #Metoo Movement. I mentioned the #Churchtoo movement on purpose.
They are not so neatly divided. Pick whatever hashtag you like. False allegations of sexual abuse or spurious claims of mishandling such allegations have been and will continue to be a weapon employed against the church by people intent on its destruction. You may not believe it, but you can take sexual abuse very seriously and also call out those hijacking the issue for ulterior purposes.

Satan is the Accuser of the Brethren. No accusation is more easily made or more difficult to defend against than a false accusation of sexual impropriety or abuse. If we collectively decide that saying as much is wrong and start automatically "believing the victim" when accusations are made, it will have devastating consequences for the church and the cause of the Gospel in the world.

Is it only me, or are these things (CRT, egalitarianism and sexual degeneracy) accelerating at a peculiarly rapid rate?

I do not have enough history to comment on accelerating, but CRT seems to me it is becoming more prominent, at least in its impact. And it also seems like the other topics are now viewed through a lense of CRT (e.g. women being oppressed by now being able to use their gifts to preach).

Unfortunately brother, the #MeToo movement cannot be excluded from these discussions. There are godless, anti-Christian forces using the issue of sexual abuse the same way they have used issues like racism. They redefine it to suit their purpose and then use it like a club to bludgeon their opponents into submission.

Regardless, that’s the one we need to own... especially children. Rachel Denhollender must be one of us, the way Rosaria Butterfield is. We can’t throw out they who are specific in their claim, and not seeking to compromise the gospel. We shouldn’t trade her for Doug Wilson. I’m not making that trade

More important than a hashtag..., so is racism, etc

Let them have their hashtags and we can keep preaching the gospel

My homework on DenHollander, and just DenHollander, her concerns and experiences with and in the church were very credible.... how she gets hijacked into this I have no idea. I’ve not followed, was she driven into the arms of the social justice crowd? Shame on us if it’s true

Satan is the Accuser of the Brethren. No accusation is more easily made or more difficult to defend against than a false accusation of sexual impropriety or abuse. If we collectively decide that saying as much is wrong and start automatically "believing the victim" when accusations are made, it will have devastating consequences for the church and the cause of the Gospel in the world.

No crime also gets more easily over-looked than against innocent children who cannot speak or defend themselves. Nobody is saying to bypass due process. But the Church's poor response to child abuse gives unbelievers more fodder than any other issue in hating the church. AND...the world has often handled sexual abuse BETTER than the church has done, much to our discredit. It is truly straining at gnats and swallowing camels if we lump the sexual abuse crisis in the church in with #MEtoo and SJWism. The BY What Standard film's final edit should not go there.

And please note, when you use the word "church" or "churches" I am taking that as being applied to true churches of Christ and not to the many synagogues of Satan that employ the term (Rome, Eastern Orthodox, Mainline, etc.). Rome became a cesspool of sodomites and pedophiles precisely because of their false teaching. Same thing for the mainline denominations. When you begin to celebrate sexual deviancy and start openly welcoming sexual deviants into your congregations, the results are predictable.

Last edited:
I didn’t really mean trade Doug Wilson. I think we are all able to make mistakes in doctrine and life as long as we own them. I would like to see an open debate and discussion on these matters. Seems like too many rogue, political elements in the SBC. Sad to see these debates reduced to social media. Why not a true public forum debate.
Regardless, that’s the one we need to own... especially children. Rachel Denhollender must be one of us, the way Rosaria Butterfield is. We can’t throw out they who are specific in their claim, and not seeking to compromise the gospel. We shouldn’t trade her for Doug Wilson. I’m not making that trade

Moderation.

The thread has developed enough worm-holes to deserve a rest.

Closed. Feel free to start new threads to chase all the other topics, but this one is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back