We saw a reindeer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

Puritan Board Doctor
This past Lords day we were driving to church.

Now I should say that 'driving to church' is a journey of 1 1/2 hour duration. I have been providing pulpit supply at a PCA congregation that far from our home for a few months now and I bring my entire family with me most Sundays.

As I was saying...we were driving to church this past Sunday and my wife spotted a moose on the side of the road. She (naturaly) cried out "MOOSE". I joined in the refrain and yelled "MOOSE, MOOSE," and pointed toward the huge beastie. The children all looked out the window to admire this huge creature when our two year old began to shout "Reindeer, Reindeer"

For what it's worth Moose are a common yet fairly rare animal here. It is not like spotting a robin, yet if you drive the back roads you will probably see more than one a year. So far this year I have seen 5. Two of which were on the same day, this past Sabbath!

Last edited:
Cool. I took my kids to a Northern Adventure park in Tacoma in October and saw a lot of those animals you rarely (if ever) get to see.

I should add that moose are a common cause of fatal car wrecks. My own (maternal) Grand-father died in one such crash almost 30 years ago.

So the shouting of "Moose" is not only educational but also defensive.

BTW they are as large as cows and will crush a car (and riders) on impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back