Well, watching THIS playoff game is depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gryphonette

How on earth do the Mavericks manage to go from leading the Hornets all (mostly, at least; I had to miss the first part of the game) through the first half, only to fold like a bad hand of poker in the second half?

They were leading when the half began and are now down 15 points. Of course, when the Mavericks make just 6 baskets out of 28 attempts in that half, it explains quite a bit.

The announcer just said that it's bidding fair to wind up being the lowest scoring half in playoff history.

There's a statistic to be proud of. :rolleyes:

Don said he thought this would be a replay of last year's playoffs for the Mavs, and I fear he's right. :(

I've never been able to warm up to hockey.

Switch to hockey. The Dallas Stars are up 3-2 on the Anaheim Ducks.
Don't understand the rules, for one thing.

Too many fights for another. I hate fighting.

However, it'd certainly be sweet for the Stars to take the Stanley Cup for a second time!

You may not join in the celebration if you don't join in the agony of the playoff run!

:rant:

I am upset that Phoenix did the same thing. The Phoenix/SA game was a headache to watch, 1 because SA won and 2 at every whistle there was whining.

Sure I can. It's tacky, but it can be done. >;^>

You may not join in the celebration if you don't join in the agony of the playoff run!

:rant:

It's a girl thing.
batting.gif

May there be three more depressing playoff games for the Mavs in this series! It won't be the first choke job for the Mavs in the playoffs. There was last year and there was that series they lost to the Sonics in the late 80's as well in which they were heavily favored.

The other day the reverse happened when the Hornets controlled the action for the first 3 1/2 quarters only to allow Jason Kidd hit a bunch of threes and allowed Jason Terry to take over the game.

I am upset that Phoenix did the same thing. The Phoenix/SA game was a headache to watch, 1 because SA won and 2 at every whistle there was whining.

And the fact that Duncan hit his first 3 pointer of the year to send the game into double overtime doesn't help matters either :doh:

We'll just have to wait till Tuesday, won't we? ;^)

May there be three more depressing playoff games for the Mavs in this series! It won't be the first choke job for the Mavs in the playoffs. There was last year and there was that series they lost to the Sonics in the late 80's as well in which they were heavily favored.

The other day the reverse happened when the Hornets controlled the action for the first 3 1/2 quarters only to allow Jason Kidd hit a bunch of threes and allowed Jason Terry to take over the game.
[gloomily] I hope this doesn't turn out to be like last year, where Dirk fell completely to pieces in the playoffs.

I recall muttering to my husband at one point, "Mrs. Nowitzki, may Dirk come out to play?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back