Westminster CA Profs in New Free Digital Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMcFadden

Puritanboard Commissioner
Doxa has done it again! They have a free download of Westminster Writings, a collection of essays by Westminster Seminary California faculty. Included in the book are the following:

Bioethics: New Questions to New Technologies (VanDrunen)
Certainty in Christ (Jones)
Common Grace and Theological Scholarship (Johnson)
Cracking Da Vinci's Code (Jones)
Do You Believe This? (Strimple)
God Loves Me and Has What Kind of Plan for My Life? (Duguid)
Is **** Norm? (Scipione)
Pointing to Christ: Ezra 7:1-10 (Estelle)
The All-Sufficiency of Christ (Baugh)
The Certainty of Death: Grieving and the Christian (Godfrey)
What Makes Something a Sacrament? (Horton)
When the Good News Becomes Bad (Clark)
Evangelism in the 21st Century (Kim)

http://www.modularmerchant.com/clients/xara777/quick_basket.php?id=50&qty=1

They also have the Lorraine Boettner Collection on sale for $5 with . . .
The Christian Attitude Toward War
Divorce
A Harmony of the Gospels
Immortality
The Millennium
The Reformed Doctrine of Predestination
The Reformed Faith
Roman Catholicism
Studies in Theology

The Louis Berkhof Collection is also available for $5 with . . .
Introductory Volume to Systematic Theology
Systematic Theology
Textual Aid to Systematic Theology
Summary of Christian Doctrine
Manual of Christian Doctrine

I have checked with the administration to be sure but I'm reasonably certain that this project is unauthorized. The material on our website is protected. We want people to use it but I don't they are authorized to reprint things in book form. [Personally, I think it's a good idea. Maybe we should do it]

Sorry, Scott,

I had no idea that Doxa would do something illegal. They have been great about publishing solid Reformed literature (Kuyper, Berkhof, Turretin, Boettner, Sproul, Horton, Machen, James Boice, Ryken, Vos, Palmer Robertson, a library of commentaries on the Westminster Confession, etc.) in the Cross/Wordsearch computer format for some time. Since you can obtain the Wordsearch engine for free from their website, and because the program is SO easy to use, it has made for one of the most reliably Calvinistic sources of material. Most of its items are sold for $10 or less.

Please advise us if this is a bogus organization because I do NOT want to violate anyone's copyright by using illegally purloined stuff.

Here is their web address: Welcome to Doxa Digital Press!.

I spoke too soon.

Turns out our permission statement on the web doesn't deal with this.

It will probably come up in faculty. We never imagined this scenario!

thanks for the "head up."

OK, now that we are back in the realm of the legal, I reiterate my note: These people are publishing some of the BEST Reformed books in digital form for the best prices anywhere. Cross (to my knowledge) is a Windows format. But, wowie zowie! Those of you are are short of cash and still want good Reformed materials can hardly do better than building a LARGE library for nearly nothing! Plus, once you go on the Wordsearch site, you will find hundreds of other classics for free as well (e.g., Hodge, Pink, Calvin, etc.).

I use Libronix as my preferred platform for electronic Bible study. But, Wordsearch is VERY easy to use and you canNOT beat the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back