Westminster Confession Commentary Collection on CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone planning to order this? It includes the expositions of the WCF by Francis Beattie, A.A. Hodge, John Macpherson, and Robert Shaw.

Hmmm...

That looks like a great resource... if only it included the recent work by Sproul... "The Truths we Profess"

At any rate... I think I will purchase it... $10 seems like well-worth the risk.

Plus... it will make a great resource for my Confessional E-Learning courses I am planning on designing. I just made a post about it here.

What do you think about this idea? Can it be done right? Would it be beneficial?

Got my order in. If it is compatible with MAC it will be a plus.

Thanks Andrew!

Last edited:
I pre-ordered it a couple of weeks ago. The Doxa folks are to be commended for publishing SO many good Calvinist resources at VERY reasonable prices. I got a pre-pub deal on the complete works of Boettner for $5 (through Rejoice software).

Doxa also has the Founders Journal (2000-2005) for free, Dever's Polity for free, Kuyper Theological Collection ($10), Berkhof Theology Collection ($10), Reformed Baptist Theology (20 titles). Additionally, they have J.P. Boice for $3.95, Horton's book on the Ten Commandments for $5.95, MacArthur's Fools Gold for $7.95, Doctrines of Grace for $7.95, J.M. Boice on the Parables of Jesus for $5.95, Machen's Christianity and Liberalism for $2.95, Robertson's Christ of the Covenant for $7.95, plus Sproul, Piper, Vos, James White, etc.

When you consider that the Bible Explorer (Cross) engine is available gratis, and that they have more than 150 books available for free for that program, and you have even more reason to take advantage of the Doxa books (Welcome to Doxa Digital Press!).

Last edited:
Yes, guys, it is legitimate. I have ordered more than three dozen books from Doxa and found them to be VERY good and quite reasonable.

The Westminster Confession Commentary Collection allows you to have the WCF, Shorter and Longer Catechisms on one side and the commentaries on the other side of your computer screen. Everything is hyperlinked so that you can readily move from the standards to the commentaries.

For instance, you can place the Westminster Confession in tabbed format on the left. On the right, expositions of the WCF by Beattie, Hodge, Macpherson, and Shaw are also in tabbed format. You can quickly access any exposition by clicking its link in the WCF window.

Check out the actual screen shot from the link in Andrew's OP. Wow!

For those of us who prefer the 1689, Bible Explorer/WordSearch (the program itself is free as are more than 150 books!), you can also purchase Waldron's Modern Exposition of the 1689.

Check out what they give you for $9.95 . . .

Westminster Confession
Westminster Shorter Catechism
Westminster Larger Catechism
WCF with Parallel Confessions (WCF|1689|Savoy)
A Commentary on the WCF by A. A. Hodge
Notes on the WCF by J. Macpherson
An Exposition of the WCF by R. Shaw
The Presbyterian Standards by F. Beattie

That is over 1,400 pages of material! So, on my computer, the left window has WCF, WSC, WLC, 1689/Savoy/WCF; the right window has Beattie, Hodge, Macpherson, Shaw, and Waldron.

Go to: http://www.modularmerchant.com/clients/xara777/category.php?cat=3&offset=30&tpir=35

Last edited:
I finally received an email response yesterday that said the CDs should start shipping today. As best I can tell, it is Windows only. I run Linux but have XP available in a virtual machine.

I finally received an email response yesterday that said the CDs should start shipping today. As best I can tell, it is Windows only. I run Linux but have XP available in a virtual machine.

I never bothered to get the CDs but obtained it online as a download.

I'm guessing many of us would have done so had that been available almost 5 months ago when this was first offered for advanced purchase.

I'm guessing many of us would have done so had that been available almost 5 months ago when this was first offered for advanced purchase.

You got that right! I pre-ordered it, got frustrated with the wait, and did the download. Still, it is an amazing resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back