What about BEST Sitcom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember Frawley played the uncle in "My Three Sons" up until he got sick in 65, where Demerest took over.

Yes, I remember. And Demarest lived well into his 90s.

By the way, I corrected Arnaz's death date. I was off by one year.

Heroes is a current favorite.

Speaking of which...

Did you see tonight's ending coming? I think we have our new "really bad guy." Right before the explosion I told my son that we would see "Kensi" again in the future.

I made this prediction about 3 weeks ago when they first discovered that Kensei had regenerative powers like Claire. I think he is the one who is killing all the old heroes. I could be wrong about the last part, but I was right about the first.

I had entertained the idea at about the same time, but I let my son convince me that an inability to be killed did not necessarily mean eternal life.

Yes, he is the one killing off the old heroes. Bob said it was Adam who was killing them off and then Kensei introduces himself to Peter as Adam.

But I still can't figure where Silar comes in yet. He's too good a bad guy not to play a bigger part in what's going on.

In my humble opinion, the greatest of all time is a dead heat between Andy Griffith and MASH.

I'm a huge MASH fan.....

Also liked Welcome Back Kotter, and Taxi.

Your aware that both of these shows has some of the same writers, right? ;)

Andy Griffith. We have the first 3 seasons so far on DVD and the kids love it! We like Little House and Waltons too.

Andy Griffith. We have the first 3 seasons so far on DVD and the kids love it! We like Little House and Waltons too.

I completely forgot about Little House! I love that show. What great moral stories it told. Thanks for the reminder. Back in the summer my wife and I worked all day in the yard on a Friday, the next day we were wore out. We watched 6-7 hours of Little House Reruns. It was a total veg-a-thon!

The Jeffersons
Sanford and Son
Fraiser
Get Smart
Three's Company (back then)
Monk (My family often compare me to him)
The Office

Oh my, I hardly know where to start. I guess I 'll have to go with the Britcoms- Fawlty Towers and Black Adder. Next up would be the Cosby Show then Fresh Prince.
Wallace and Gromit is also hilarious.
What's that old comedy with the talking horse? That is way funny.
I love the movie Airplane. It gets me every time. Anything with Leslie Nielsen. Too funny.
Am I the only person in the world who can't watch an entire episode of the office? It's too much!
I don't watch Monk it case it makes me more OCD than I already am:p

Last edited:
On an island....

for the rest of my life....and limited to only three sets of SITCOM full series DVD's....

I'm taking...

Andy
Taxi
Seinfeld....

Dick Van Dyke was almost in there, but, need some variety...and a very good DVD player.:up::lol:

Speaking of which...

Did you see tonight's ending coming? I think we have our new "really bad guy." Right before the explosion I told my son that we would see "Kensi" again in the future.

I made this prediction about 3 weeks ago when they first discovered that Kensei had regenerative powers like Claire. I think he is the one who is killing all the old heroes. I could be wrong about the last part, but I was right about the first.

I had entertained the idea at about the same time, but I let my son convince me that an inability to be killed did not necessarily mean eternal life.

Yes, he is the one killing off the old heroes. Bob said it was Adam who was killing them off and then Kensei introduces himself to Peter as Adam.

But I still can't figure where Silar comes in yet. He's too good a bad guy not to play a bigger part in what's going on.

so - my prediction: Silar gets his "mojo" back, starts collecting powers, kills Adam and gets the "regen" power, thus making him the baddest humdinger on the planet! THEN Peter Petrelli (the Heroes hero) kicks his tukus for GOOD! :lol:

(Should this be a new thread?) :)

so - my prediction: Silar gets his "mojo" back, starts collecting powers, kills Adam and gets the "regen" power, thus making him the baddest humdinger on the planet! THEN Peter Petrelli (the Heroes hero) kicks his tukus for GOOD! :lol:

(Should this be a new thread?) :)

Sure, you start it and I'll jump in with my :2cents:. :D

I completely forgot about Little House! I love that show. What great moral stories it told. Thanks for the reminder. Back in the summer my wife and I worked all day in the yard on a Friday, the next day we were wore out. We watched 6-7 hours of Little House Reruns. It was a total veg-a-thon!

And the sequel was equally good: Little House Behind the Little House on the Praire ;)

And the sequel was equally good: Little House Behind the Little House on the Praire ;)

I thought they blew up the little house behind the Little House of the Praire ... on that last episode :)

Monk
Quantum Leap
Andy Griffith
Enterprise
Doctor Who-from old black and white to the snazzy new one
Flash Gordon-from old black and white to the snazzy new one
Buck Rogers
I Love Lucy
Jake 2.0
Star Trek
Star Trek the Next Generation
NOT Deep Space Nine-I can't stand that compromising Odo!
Everybody Loves Raymond

I like Sci-Fi. I guess I don't really watch too many sitcoms.

I forgot about Get Smart! I used to watch that when I was a kid, and took it seriously.:)

Last edited:
I'm suprised no one has chosen McGuyver

1.McGuyver
To achieve a goal through the ingenious combination of common household items, in the spirit of Richard Dean Anderson's character McGuyver
'I McGuyvered a Pipe out of a coke can and a pen'

2.mcguyver
Building crazy things out of seemingly useless or unrelated objects.

3.mcguyver
a Verb.... i think
1.To fix or create anything with something totaly outragoues and unrelated.

2. To virtualy have no job and have crazy dangerous adventures.

For example..... create a bomb out of fertilizer, a car seat and tape. Fix a car with a rubber band, soda bottle, and gum.

Guy 1: dude my car broke down on the highway.....
Guy 2: what did you do?
Guy 1: I mcguyverd that thing with shoe string and glue.
Guy 2: *tear* Mcguyver would be proud.... if he was real.....

1.McGuyver
To achieve a goal through the ingenious combination of common household items, in the spirit of Richard Dean Anderson's character McGuyver

2.mcguyver

3.mcguyver
a Verb.... i think

For example..... create a bomb out of fertilizer, a car seat and tape. Fix a car with a rubber band, soda bottle, and gum.

Not really a sitcom but a TV show, regardless if you look back at one of earlier posts you'll see I mentioned it.

1.McGuyver

2.mcguyver

3.mcguyver
a Verb.... i think

Not really a sitcom but a TV show, regardless if you look back at one of earlier posts you'll see I mentioned it.

Yes, your right. I was thinking TV in general. Focus Steve, Focus! ;)
Mcguyverites are tearing up as we speak...

Reminisicing about the good old days of the 70s, reminiscing about the good old days of the 50s!

Is that like a double entendre ?

Last edited:
Everybody Loves Raymond and Reba were the two that Hubby and I loved to watch together.

I have to confess to being a Fresh Prince and Friends fan also. Must be our generation. I admit that Friends was a mess...but there were some things that I could just relate to. Certain episodes were just worth watching. I also liked What I Like About You. Just the whole sister thing that I had missed out on with my sisters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back