What American Churches Affirm the 1647 WCF Without Alteration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parmenas

Puritan Board Freshman
What American churches hold the 1647 Westminster Confession of Faith, and support all of the doctrines thereof, without alteration?

If by "American churches" you mean denominations that have a presence in America and hold such things on a denominational level, three of them are: the Presbyterian Reformed Church, the Free Church of Scotland (Continuing) (the US Presbytery), and the Free Presbyterian Church of Scotland.

Last edited:
I believe the RPCUS, RPCGA, CRPC, and RPC Hanover Presbytery all do, though I guess you could argue about particulars of what the doctrines contained are (e.g., the RPCUS holds that "psalm" refers to songs in general I believe, as they are not EP).

I believe the RPCUS, RPCGA, CRPC, and RPC Hanover Presbytery all do, though I guess you could argue about particulars of what the doctrines contained are (e.g., the RPCUS holds that "psalm" refers to songs in general I believe, as they are not EP).

I believe that the RPCGA does not hold to exclusive psalmody as a denomination either, although a good number of their individual churches do.

It should be noted that all of these groups allow exceptions to portions of the Confession.

I'll also add WPCUS (although they're barely a denomination) which doesn't allow exceptions as far as I know and Reformation Presbytery of the Midwest.

I'll also add WPCUS (although they're barely a denomination) which doesn't allow exceptions as far as I know and Reformation Presbytery of the Midwest.
I've heard their only minister (Mr. Schwertley) say that he has a "possible scruple" concerning the Confession's statement about the antichrist, that is, he's not convinced that the Pope is antichrist, but he's not convinced that he's not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back