What are the Best Reformed Baptist Reasons for believers baptism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dachaser

Puritan Board Doctor
The Baptist approach is to have only those saved immersed, so what are the best Biblical responses on this question?

Regulative principle of worship and 1689 federalism to speak cogently to the paedo-baptist covenant theology and its errors.

Regulative principle of worship and 1689 federalism to speak cogently to the paedo-baptist covenant theology and its errors.
There seems to be implied in infant baptism some type of spiritual working of God not seen in believers baptism, as we would hod to the profession of faith itself sign of being in the Covenant.

There seems to be implied in infant baptism some type of spiritual working of God not seen in believers baptism, as we would hod to the profession of faith itself sign of being in the Covenant.
Does your church require those infant baptized to be redone as adults then?

If you'll notice, I based my answer on the Baptist Catechism's answer:
99. Q. Are the infants of such as are professing believers to be baptized?
A. The infants of such as are professing believers are not to be baptized, because there is neither command or example in the holy scriptures, or certain consequence from them to baptize such (Ex. 23:13; Pr. 30:6; Lk. 3:7, 8).
Notice the 2 reasons: regulative principle of worship and Baptist federal theology. Paedobaptist would argue according to their federal theology that infant baptism is a good and necessary consequence. 1689 federalism refutes that idea.

If you'll notice, I based my answer on the Baptist Catechism's answer:

Notice the 2 reasons: regulative principle of worship and Baptist federal theology. Paedobaptist would argue according to their federal theology that infant baptism is a good and necessary consequence. 1689 federalism refutes that idea.
Thanks for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back