What are the odds of adding a new smiley?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what is meant by "Direct-link," given that her site generates a link for you when you click on a smiley. Oh well.

I'm not really sure. I just wouldn't use any link given by her site. Grab the smiley to your hard drive and then host it at Photobucket or TinyPic or somewhere similar. The site that generates the custom smiley is called Moppo, not Milan, so I dunno if the terms apply to that was well. There are probably other custom smiley sites out there.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what is meant by "Direct-link," given that her site generates a link for you when you click on a smiley. Oh well.

I'm not really sure. I just wouldn't use any link given by her site. Grab the smiley to your hard drive and then host it at Photobucket or TinyPic or somewhere similar. The site that generates the custom smiley is called Moppo, not Milan, so I dunno if the terms apply to that was well. There are probably other custom smiley sites out there.

The terms of use state that you have to provide a link to the site anytime you use a smiley in order to give proper credit. So I think the direct-link prohibition applies not to posting a link to her site (which is actually required), but to using a direct link to post the smiley instead of hosting it yourself.

I've so thoroughly confused myself now that I'm just not going to use them. If I need a smiley that's not on the PB, I'll see if I can find a more permissive site that makes smileys.

Edit: Just saw Wayne's post. Maybe I'll ask her for clarification if I desperately want to use one of hers. :)

Edit again: And I think I misunderstood your post, Berean. It looks like you already covered what I said. Nevermind me...

Oooooh - The ultimate EEK! smiley!

26512533290.gif

Yes, O one of the sharp eyes. My FF spellchecker underlined it and out of habit I corrected it. I really shouldn't have. Sorry.

Norm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back