What boards and committees are you a part of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N. Eshelman

Puritan Board Senior
I am getting ready to leave for my Home Mission Board (RPCNA) meeting tomorrow. As I am getting ready to fly out of LA into ARP country (North Carolina) for my meeting- I was wondering:

What boards and committees are you all a part of in your denomination?

I am on two:

• Home Mission Board (Representing the Pacific Coast Presbytery)
  • Chair of the Pacific Coast Committee for discussion of presbytery re-alignment.

You? :popcorn:

I am on the "Get Ben Glaser a Job Committee". That is pretty much it for right now... ;)

But seriously when I do find a pulpit I plan on being involved in denominational and Presbytery committees. I think that it is an important part of Presbyterian Polity (despite what J.H. Thornwell has to say about boards and committees).

I'm sure you're mostly asking about the men, but I was asked to be a part of the (co-ed) national committee in the ARP that suggests books for our women's ministry groups. Tim and I are pretty conservative by ARP standards, so I was surprised to be asked.

Two benefits: no travel (all done by email/phone conference) and making sure there will be no theological surprises on the book lists for the next few years.

I serve on our Shepherding Committee where I focus on implementing a visitor team to visit the homes of visitors to our church. It's headed by our pastor, with two deacons and two elders.

I chair the Ministerial Relations committee for my Presbytery.

I am on the Standing Judicial Commission and I am the chairman of the PCA Nominating Committee. I hve chaired Candidates and Credentials in the past, and been on the PCA Theological Examining Committee.

I serve on the church extension (home missions) committee of our presbytery. Sometimes I serve as the alternate to chairman as the representative from our presbytery at the Synodical Board level (the chairmen only meet as part of the Board twice a year). In the past, I served as chairman of the committee.

Also, I am the newly elected clerk for our presbytery. At one time, I was parliamentarian for the presbytery.

At the Synod level, I am on the Ecclesiastical Commission on Judicatory Affairs. We only meet as needed. I was elected last June, and since no matters have been forwarded to us, I have yet to have a meeting!

Study Committee on Doctrinal Commitment and Communicant Membership, URCNA (Present)

Development Committee, Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary (Present)

Committee for Ecumenical Relations and Church Unity, URCNA (January 2005–June 2007)

Committee on Questions Related to the Second Service, Classis Southwest U.S., URCNA (January–June 2006)

Stated Clerk, Classis Southwest U.S., URCNA (April 2004–February 2007)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back