The book of concordia
''Evangelical Theology'' by Karl Barth
Twilight Zone: 19 original stories on teh 50th anniversary: carol serling
''Star Wars : the Old republic Revan''
''The twilight zone: unlocking the door to a television classic''
''More stories from the twilight zone'' introduction by carol serling

The Cross by John Stott
Genesis Commentary by John Calvin

So frustrating to read a while in one and then the other as they are both so great!!

The Cross by John Stott

So frustrating to read a while in one and then the other as they are both so great!!

That seems like a good dilemma to have! Nice to see you post again.

The Cross by John Stott

Nancy, it's such a joy to see your name and to see what you are reading! I will love to think of you alternating between those two books.

I was given The Trial and Triumph of Faith by Samuel Rutherford, and a commentary on the Song of Solomon by James Durham. I read so slowly though, and am knee deep in a number of other books, so am unsure if I will get to them at all as soon as I would wish. Perhaps I won't be able to help it and will have to read a little in this one and that one, and all the other ones, in a very frustrating manner indeed!

I also am in the midst of quilting a queen size quilt by hand so the frustration is heightened by dividing my time between books and quilting. I am not complaining as I am so content to have my days filled with such joy! While quilting I listen to CDs, mostly Pilgrim's Progress.
I think I gave that Song of Solomon commentary by Durham to a friend as a gift last year and the book by Rutherford truly sounds challenging.
I'd not read any of Stott's work in years, since Basic Christianity but when he died this past summer I was drawn to read more about him and The Cross is so highly rated that I was thrilled to receive it for Christmas and very surprised as well.
You read as I do Heidi, moving from book to book as interest calls! Enjoy!
So nice to be in touch again with PB and both of you!!

"The Complete Works of Francis Schaeffer" - I intend to read Schaeffer's entire cannon this year, even the ones I've already read.

A late arrival came in the mail today:
Sanctification: Christ in action - Senkbeil

A few others should be arriving soon...

wow this is my first post but I got a lot of reading materal this Christmas , I got a Puritian Hard drive and I recommend it very much its great , also got a RL Allen ESV Goatskin Bible its great , so Im a happy Pilgrim this Christmas God Bless ZEB

wow this is my first post but I got a lot of reading materal this Christmas , I got a Puritian Hard drive and I recommend it very much its great , also got a RL Allen ESV Goatskin Bible its great , so Im a happy Pilgrim this Christmas God Bless ZEB

Is that the hard drive with 12,500 books on it - if so you probably won't be troubling Amazon for a couple of months (life times?). Welcome to the site.

My dad gave me a copy of John Owen's "The True Nature of a Gospel Church and It's Government" from 1688. He rebound it for me as it was originally purchased unbound. It is a first edition as I am attempting to collect all of Owen's works in their first editions.

Here are a few pictures as I brought it with me to work to read on my lunch hour. Click on the picture to view the larger image.

View attachment 2553
View attachment 2554

“Welcome to a Reformed Church” by Daniel Hyde and I received for the first time “The Confessional Presbyterian Journal“.

From my wife:
The Gospel and Personal Evangelism -- Mark Dever & J.I. Packer
The Kingdom of God -- Martyn Lloyd-Jones

From church folk:
Calvin's Commentaries (the set) :book2:
A couple of books dealing with old hymns (they're excellent, I just can't recall the titles right now)
Then Sings My Soul -- Robert Morgan
A Puritan Hard Drive (trying to figure out how exactly the search engine works...but wow.)

I'm still a little overwhelmed.

Last edited:
I got a Kindle Touch and an Amazon gift card.

I've mostly been downloading novels.

Believe it or not . . .

TWO identical Navy Blue R.L. Allan Single Column ESV's in Highland Goatskin!

One was given to me by my dear wife and the other from the three members of my management team.

And, this Lord's Day we visited a PCA church in our new home town (Fort Wayne, IN) where they have adopted the ESV as their congregational translation.

I'm taking it with me tonight to Los Angeles on the first of my monthly "commutes" back to L.A. for work (only one week of 82 degrees then back to 25 in IN).

With Reverence & Awe - Returning to the Basics of Reformed Worship by D.G. Hart & John R. Muether
St Andrews Expositional Commentary on Mark by R.C. Sproul
Synopsis of the Four Gospels, Edited by Kurt Aland
A Case for Amillennialism by Kim Riddlebarger

Good stuff! :)

Also, I have had a Kindle for years and received some Amazon gift cards... :)

Another arrived today...

"The History Of Christian Doctrines", Louis Berkhof - This volume is a companion volume to Berkhof's Systematic Theology and contains the historical material to be used with that work.

Two more came...

"Christ the Lord, The Reformation and Lordship Salvation", editor Michael Horton - This was written in response to McArthur's "Gospel According to Jesus", pointing out his going too far towards legalism, and instead laying out the reformers' position on justification/sanctification.

"Historical Commentary on the Augsburg Confession", Wilhelm Maurer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back