What Chords do I play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodcheer68

Puritan Board Sophomore
I uploaded sheet music of Psalm 1. I love this Psalm and want to know how to play it on guitar. Could someone tell me the guitar chords that work with this song. Thanks!

Attachments

• psalm1.jpg
    psalm1.jpg
    601.2 KB · Views: 17
Patrick,
That piece is in the key of A and I didn't see any accidentals in a brief glance. The difficulty in the music is that it is written for piano, where there is a chord change very frequently. Classical guitarists make these changes easier than we rock folk. There are two options, I think:
1- you can simplify the chords on the attached page, but you will have to alter the melody in areas you simplify to match the chords you are actually playing or
2- see if you can find the song in guitar tab online, where someone has done that for you.

I could go through it, but someone like Tim Foster could do it better and faster. It is very difficult for a guitar to chord change every note, sometimes in complicated ways, and make it sound fluid, then sing along......

Here is a simple set of chords that works for that tune. You can make it more complicated, or even simpler by substituting D major for the f# minor, but you lose the neat bass effect with that.

Attachments

• chords.jpg
    chords.jpg
    633.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I've included the chords in this copy. I left out chord inversions and didn't mark some passing tones. Let me know if you want more of the details.

It's basically what Vic did with some extra chords. ;)

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 20180215_00001_001.jpg
    20180215_00001_001.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back