What denomination are you in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puritan Sailor

Puritan Board Doctor
Just an informal poll. Since I do not wish to count through profiles and signatures, I thought I would seek some numbers this way. What denomination are you a member of or attending? If you picked an "other" option please specify.
Oh! And no "Chicago style" voting Fred :tongue:

[Edited on 3-4-2004 by puritansailor]

you missed the category 'none'. I am a reformed baptist, but neither of my churches has belonged to any denomination or organisation at all.

[quote:4158345f36][i:4158345f36]Originally posted by JonathanHunt[/i:4158345f36]
you missed the category 'none'. I am a reformed baptist, but neither of my churches has belonged to any denomination or organisation at all. [/quote:4158345f36]
Then you can fit other "non-reformed denomination/church" or "other."

Brother,

I really have to say that I disagree. I did check 'other' but that implies that I am in a denomination you have not specified, when actually I am not, and probably never will be in any denomination.

Denominations are organisations and groupings of churches, not belief systems - or that is how I had always read the situation.

we're a southern baptist church whose elders and deacons are all reformed to my knowledge.

so we're a reformed baptist church without the 'reformed' in the title. all five points have been preached through the consistent and thorough exegesis of books of the Bible - i love my church :biggrin:

other

Im attending a baptist church but I would say Im independent as of now.Allthough I would like to be able to go check out a OPC church.

blade

For those who can take a joke, it is a creepy cult in a horror story by H.P. Lovecraft.

Did not mean to offend anyone.

Iä! Iä! Cthuhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtaga

If you like Poe and Lovecraft you will absolutely love Thomas Ligotti.

I should loan you some.

[Edited on 3-4-2004 by Visigoth]

I have heard OF them but I have not heard them.

There is a band called "The Darkest Of The Hillside Thickets" that writes nothing but songs of Lovecraftian themes.

:lol:

Hate to admit it but I own the Simon edition. (in all of its blasphemous angles and indescriable horrors)

It is funny to find someone out there that even knows this stuff. . . . I even have a coffee cup with a Miskatonic University coat of arms on it.

[Edited on 3-4-2004 by Visigoth]

I never remember being thrown out of class, I just remember having a hard time staying awake.:bouncy:

Not tryin to be a jerk here guys love you all but please lets stay on topic your more than welcome to start up a new topic.

blade

[quote:b898649227][i:b898649227]Originally posted by Visigoth[/i:b898649227]
Iä! Iä! Cthuhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtaga
[Edited on 3-4-2004 by Visigoth] [/quote:b898649227]

OH great, now you said his name. Now we are doomed. Or is it Hastur that cannot be named? :shocked: Oops, sorry

[quote:693d963c5b][i:693d963c5b]Originally posted by Bladestunner316[/i:693d963c5b]
Not tryin to be a jerk here guys love you all but please lets stay on topic your more than welcome to start up a new topic.

blade [/quote:693d963c5b]

Sorry about that, I should have read all through the threads before posting the last one.

I am a reformed Baptist.
http://www.farese.com/ebc/ebcfl.htm

Southern Baptist Convention.
Reformed? Well, I guess it depends on who you ask. The SBC is certainly not Reformed by anyone's standards. But at Grace we consider ourselves to be Reformed.

[quote:9adf3fead0][i:9adf3fead0]Originally posted by puritansailor[/i:9adf3fead0]
This is interesting. No Dutch Reformed members out there huh? [/quote:9adf3fead0]

Probably because they dont like those wooden shoes. :biggrin:

:lol:that's dang funny, Paul.

I was just interviewed for church membership at St Paul's, so in a couple of weeks I will officially be a full fledged Presbyterian! :biggrin:

[quote:f3498e568e][i:f3498e568e]Originally posted by Paul manata[/i:f3498e568e]
my presbytery can beat up your presbytery [/quote:f3498e568e]

Paul,

That's because your presbytery is insensitive and not gospel driven. if your presebytery would simply pay more attention to being grace driven...
:mad: :mad:

must stop.... must fight the Jedi mind tricks of the dark side....

and to giving women their proper unauthoritative under the Session leadership roles, then we really could be a leader denomination....

must fight it, must control myself....

and... then... we could really...:mad: make :mad: an impact on our :mad: culture through :mad::mad: mercy ministry...

:eek:

Whew, that was close! :biggrin:

[quote:2a48f6d827][i:2a48f6d827]Originally posted by puritansailor[/i:2a48f6d827]
This is interesting. No Dutch Reformed members out there huh? [/quote:2a48f6d827]

One right here. Grew up in the CRC, left about 5 years ago and am attending a URC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back