What do ya think of this quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph Scibbe

Puritan Board Junior
"That one might gain all the knowlege in the world, at the expense of an ounce of wisdom, is a great tragedy."

Sounds cute, but it's not exactly Proverbs. Scripture does not pit knowledge and Wisdom against each other.

Theognome

Sounds cute, but it's not exactly Proverbs. Scripture does not pit knowledge and Wisdom against each other.

Theognome

I didn't really get the idea that the author was pitting knowledge against wisdom as much as he was making the point in a round about way that wisdom and knowledge go hand in hand and to have knowledge without wisdom is a tragedy.

I also think that this man was probably not thinking about knowledge of God which is what Proverbs is speaking about. I think he was referring more to earthly knowledge.

Theognome

I didn't really get the idea that the author was pitting knowledge against wisdom as much as he was making the point in a round about way that wisdom and knowledge go hand in hand and to have knowledge without wisdom is a tragedy.

I also think that this man was probably not thinking about knowledge of God which is what Proverbs is speaking about. I think he was referring more to earthly knowledge.

I think it might be helpful to specify that I am the author.

Theognome

Then perhaps knowledge of the world instead of 'in' might clarify that.

Theognome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back