Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Throw it in the garbage

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyCrows

Puritan Board Sophomore
Hello everyone. I've been working on a gospel tract for a while now, and I'm looking for some critique/suggestions.

Basically I'm trying to fit as much information as possible on to a single piece of printer paper, that can be easily understood by someone not familiar with spiritual matters. I know I have some formatting and visual issues. What I'm more concerned about at this stage is the content.
20230316_182034.jpg 20230316_182047.jpg 20230316_182110.jpg 20230316_182120.jpg 20230316_182135.jpg 20230316_182146.jpg 20230316_182158.jpg 20230316_182208.jpg 20230316_182220.jpg 20230316_182234.jpg 20230316_182247.jpg 20230316_182258.jpg 20230316_182304.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. I really messed that up. Gotta fix this..

Updated. Fixed images.

Last edited:
Really nicely done! I think it's "simple" enough to understand.

Though I wonder if something should be said about the Holy Spirit as well.

One other thing I noticed is "stop living in opposition to God, stop trying to earn his favor". I agree with both of these statements but it sounds like you're addressing the same person - the person who opposes God but also wants to earn his favor. While such a person I'm sure exists in the hypocrisy of his actions I think it would read better if it said "stop living in opposition to God or stop trying to earn his favor. God has said that you are not righteous, your works as as a polluted garment and that he is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that he shall also reap".

Just my 2 cents but should you decide to keep it as is I think it's great!

Really nicely done! I think it's "simple" enough to understand.

Though I wonder if something should be said about the Holy Spirit as well.

One other thing I noticed is "stop living in opposition to God, stop trying to earn his favor". I agree with both of these statements but it sounds like you're addressing the same person - the person who opposes God but also wants to earn his favor. While such a person I'm sure exists in the hypocrisy of his actions I think it would read better if it said "stop living in opposition to God or stop trying to earn his favor. God has said that you are not righteous, your works as as a polluted garment and that he is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that he shall also reap".

Just my 2 cents but should you decide to keep it as is I think it's great!
I see what you are saying. The "or" in your example might tend to make it seem like an "either or" though. I do like the Galatians reference.

Hard to address all possible readers in so little space!

A few potential additions for consideration -
- showing how sinful we are in light of God’s holiness
- explaining more of the benefits flowing from the Gospel, as well as forgiveness and justification
- some contact information

I realise this is the challenge of a tract since space is so limited!

Very good!! Your choice of Scripture texts is both convicting and compelling!

I’d add something about God as Creator and us in His image before you give the bad news of our rebellion though. Something like, “What does matter is how God sees us. His understanding of who we are is perfect because He created and sustains us, and, like it or not, we will all one day stand before Him and give an account of ourselves and our lives.”

I do really like your explanation of the judgment after your quote of Romans 3 though!

A few potential additions for consideration -
- showing how sinful we are in light of God’s holiness
- explaining more of the benefits flowing from the Gospel, as well as forgiveness and justification
- some contact information

I realise this is the challenge of a tract since space is so limited!

Very good!! Your choice of Scripture texts is both convicting and compelling!

I’d add something about God as Creator and us in His image before you give the bad news of our rebellion though. Something like, “What does matter is how God sees us. His understanding of who we are is perfect because He created and sustains us, and, like it or not, we will all one day stand before Him and give an account of ourselves and our lives.”

I do really like your explanation of the judgment after your quote of Romans 3 though!
Thank you for the suggestions. As far as adding more content, I think the easiest way would be to delete those "transition pages", that only have a few words leading to the next idea.

They seemed like they made sense at the time, but the farther I got, the more I realized that I had cheated myself space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back