What does the hatred of God towards non-elected

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not completely sure what your question is. Romans explains the 'why' of God's wrath. It will be poured out upon those who have not at the atonement and propitiation effectively applied to cover their sins.

Romans 9:22 What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 23 in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory— 24 even us whom he has called, not from the Jews only but also from the Gentiles?

I'm not completely sure what your question is. Romans explains the 'why' of God's wrath. It will be poured out upon those who have not at the atonement and propitiation effectively applied to cover their sins.

Romans 9:22 What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 23 in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory— 24 even us whom he has called, not from the Jews only but also from the Gentiles?

Dear Bob,

Iam sorry that question was not really clear. Iam reading more and more concerning the hatred of God (through books from the protestant reformed church), and i hear that the hatred of God towards the non-elected was from everlasting.

The hatred of God is something which (through our deprave and corrupt mind) is difficult to understand, and esspecially when i hear from some church friends who says and arguments that how is it possible that God can hated something which he created in His image.

These friends says that Gods love for His church and elected is different than a general love which He has for the humanity in general which He created, and they even acknowledge that God hates the sins of the wicked, but bote sides you see, a kind of love and a hatred, but to to say that God only hates (and not any kind of love at all) for the non-elected is very wrong. So how do we repley to this ? So is there still a kind of love for the non-elected or is there only a hatred ?

This question sounded familiar Ralph so I did a search. Would you believe we discussed this just about a year ago and you posed the very same question then. :D How time flies.

Anyway, you might want to give it another read. It was a pretty good thread. You can find it here.

This question sounded familiar Ralph so I did a search. Would you believe we discussed this just about a year ago and you posed the very same question then. :D How time flies.

Anyway, you might want to give it another read. It was a pretty good thread. You can find it here.

Iam so sorry, but thanks for refreshing my mind. Now i experience how many times we still can struggle with these kind of issue's!

No need to apology dear brother. I'd be embarrassed to tell how many times I see a thread and think, 'Hey, this looks interesting', only to find that it's a post I participated in or even STARTED!

What's really scary is when I'm getting ready to disagree with some poster for being simple minded and it turns out to be me. No, I mean the OTHER me! :p

What does the everlasting hatred of God towards non-elected means ?

It is the fact that God did from eternity hate some uncreated humanity and therein he preordained the means by which to bring about their damnation by way of sin.

!
What's really scary is when I'm getting ready to disagree with some poster for being simple minded and it turns out to be me. No, I mean the OTHER me! :p

What do you mean, that you changed your view concerning this issue, or is it still a mystery for you (like for me) ?

No, I wasn't speaking of this thread in particular. I was referring to what I've experienced in general. (And I may have exaggerated a bit to make a point. ;) )

What does the everlasting hatred of God towards non-elected means ?

It means we need to be extra careful to serve cold water now, so that some might comforted, and perhaps convicted -- 'cuz I won't be sure until it's too late for them, and me to show kindness when I coulda.

No need to apology dear brother. I'd be embarrassed to tell how many times I see a thread and think, 'Hey, this looks interesting', only to find that it's a post I participated in or even STARTED!

I'm sure everyone has heard the story of the guy who was rescued from a deserted island where he had lived as a lonely hermit for several years.

As the rescue ship pulled away, the captain asked the man:

'what are those three buildings for?'

The guy replied:

'The first was my hut. The second was my church. The third is where I used to go to church before I got tired of the hypocrite that preached there!'. ;)

I'm sure everyone has heard the story of the guy who was rescued from a deserted island where he had lived as a lonely hermit for several years.

As the rescue ship pulled away, the captain asked the man:

'what are those three buildings for?'

The guy replied:

'The first was my hut. The second was my church. The third is where I used to go to church before I got tired of the hypocrite that preached there!'. ;)

That joke does ring a bell. It's a classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back