What Does Your Pulpit Look Like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Presbyterian

Puritanboard Amanuensis
This is a take-off from the Pulpit thread.

I thought it would be neat to see what the pulpit in the local church you attend looks like or for the Pastors the pulpit you preach from. Take your time and get a pic if you can.

It's going to take me a while (unless I forget). We meet in member's home on Wednesday nights.

I am sorry but thus fare I have been preaching at more than 20 different pulpits, and do not have pictures of any of them

Westfield Hope Reformed Church

churches015.jpg

I couldn't resist posting on this thread, since I just got my brand spankin' new Nikon D40x, and I wanted to show off what it can do. This is the RCA pulpit from which I preach.

This is the meeting room with the pulpit in the middle (if it isn't camouflaged by the chairs and other wood items behind it).

IMG_2092.jpg

NOTE: this is the Church of Joey Pipa first pastorate. :) Just saying....

Here's a (smaller!) photo of the pulpit from which I preach. It is at least a hundred years old, I think. If you can't tell, it has five sides and a narrow entrance on the back. I like it!

mppulpit.jpg

If you want to see larger pics, visit the website of the church.

Here's mine again, with me in it:

img_0130.jpg

The grey walls are not very inspiring but we have a rather fine high pointed glass ceiling ;-)

That reminds me of RTS Quarterly (now "Ministry and Leadership") magazine a few years ago, with the influence you could tell from RTS Orlando, who makes the magazine and John Frame's Worship is all of Life.

You'd see a picture in the magazine of a shopping cart, and there would be one word on the page, "Pulpit". Or a bench in the middle of a field, "Pew". Students at RTS Jackson had fun with those, we'd tape them on the lecterns of some of our professors before they came in and they'd see it and Scoff loudly and tear it off, throw it away. :) Not because the students were immature (which we probably were) but because the idea of a shopping cart being a pulpit and the FRAME-izing of RTS magazines was rediculous to them.

I wonder if that photo twelve miles long had anything to do with the weird error(s) on the board today...

Theognome

Here's a (smaller!) photo of the pulpit from which I preach. It is at least a hundred years old, I think. If you can't tell, it has five sides and a narrow entrance on the back. I like it!

mppulpit.jpg

If you want to see larger pics, visit the website of the church.

I think this looks cool

This is the meeting room with the pulpit in the middle (if it isn't camouflaged by the chairs and other wood items behind it).

IMG_2092.jpg

NOTE: this is the Church of Joey Pipa first pastorate. :) Just saying....

It was my first pastorate tool (OK Fred, you get to jump in as well!).

That reminds me of RTS Quarterly (now "Ministry and Leadership") magazine a few years ago, with the influence you could tell from RTS Orlando, who makes the magazine and John Frame's Worship is all of Life.

You'd see a picture in the magazine of a shopping cart, and there would be one word on the page, "Pulpit". Or a bench in the middle of a field, "Pew". Students at RTS Jackson had fun with those, we'd tape them on the lecterns of some of our professors before they came in and they'd see it and Scoff loudly and tear it off, throw it away. :) Not because the students were immature (which we probably were) but because the idea of a shopping cart being a pulpit and the FRAME-izing of RTS magazines was rediculous to them.

So, are you saying that your dispensing of truth is dependant upon standing behind some sort of wooden structure?

Ivan, is that one of those "assembly required" pulpits that WalMart sells?

Why, no, it isn't...dude, what are you talking about! :rolleyes:

BTW, the offical way to write it is ---> Walmart. [Why thank you for the lesson, teacher!!]

All kidding aside, my pulpit has wheels and when the Spirit moves...haha, well, you can imagine!!! :wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back