What Does Your Pulpit Look Like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That reminds me of RTS Quarterly (now "Ministry and Leadership") magazine a few years ago, with the influence you could tell from RTS Orlando, who makes the magazine and John Frame's Worship is all of Life.

You'd see a picture in the magazine of a shopping cart, and there would be one word on the page, "Pulpit". Or a bench in the middle of a field, "Pew". Students at RTS Jackson had fun with those, we'd tape them on the lecterns of some of our professors before they came in and they'd see it and Scoff loudly and tear it off, throw it away. :) Not because the students were immature (which we probably were) but because the idea of a shopping cart being a pulpit and the FRAME-izing of RTS magazines was rediculous to them.

So, are you saying that your dispensing of truth is dependant upon standing behind some sort of wooden structure?

By no means, I was critiquing RTS and Frame's view of Worship.

That reminds me of RTS Quarterly (now "Ministry and Leadership") magazine a few years ago, with the influence you could tell from RTS Orlando, who makes the magazine and John Frame's Worship is all of Life.

You'd see a picture in the magazine of a shopping cart, and there would be one word on the page, "Pulpit". Or a bench in the middle of a field, "Pew". Students at RTS Jackson had fun with those, we'd tape them on the lecterns of some of our professors before they came in and they'd see it and Scoff loudly and tear it off, throw it away. :) Not because the students were immature (which we probably were) but because the idea of a shopping cart being a pulpit and the FRAME-izing of RTS magazines was rediculous to them.

So, are you saying that your dispensing of truth is dependant upon standing behind some sort of wooden structure?

By no means, I was critiquing RTS and Frame's view of Worship.

Okay great. I like John Frame and we could kick that item around in every thread, but that topic I guess is irrelevent now in this thread. God bless.

P.s. any of these pulpits must make a good THUMP or a THWACK when you hit them for emphasis! Ha. That is my one preference.

Image is kind of dark but this is the pulpit I preached from today:

5574_113564034143_783154143_2132246_6237808_n.jpg

This is the view from the pulpit out to the sanctuary. The sanctuary is set up in a semi-circle with a semi-circle gallery. This is by far my favorite style of church architecture.

5574_113564044143_783154143_2132247_4483498_n.jpg

-----Added 8/9/2009 at 12:57:11 EST-----

This is the pulpit I preached from last week.

5574_113564024143_783154143_2132245_6510667_n.jpg

This is the church I preached at last week.

5574_113564014143_783154143_2132244_4157761_n.jpg

Mr. Baggins,

Thanks for the life size picture of your pulpit...makes me feel like I'm there!

Benjamin, the second pic reminds me of my church, First Baptist Church in Granite City, Illinois, originally a Welsh Baptist church.

Right-click on your picture on Facebook and select "Copy Image Location" then click the image button in the quick reply section and press ctrl-v.

The way I did it was save the pics to my PC, then go to TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting where you upload one at a time. It will then give you a link to the image including the tags on either end of the pic URL. Then just paste it into your post.

The reason I didn't do like Ben says is that some sites don't want to host pictures for other sites (i.e., Facebook hosting a pic posted on the PB).

Tim,

I'm glad that my pulpit does not have a narrow entrance in the back... I'd be preaching in front of the pulpit! How un-Presbyterian! :)

preaching.jpg

We've got two of 'em. On the right side (the side opposite the pastor) there is a hidden door, and that's where my sound room is :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back