What I just bought from Christianbook.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven-nemes

Puritan Board Sophomore
Louis Berkhof Systematic Theology - $13
Calvin's Commentaries (22 vol) + a copy of the Institutes - $119

Good buy?

If Berkhof's Systematic Theology includes the introduction to systematic theology and his systematic theology in 1 volume then yes.

Those sound good to me, Steven. I am really tempted to get some of the summer deals as well but I am withholding in the event that I decide to get something like Logos instead. I don't really have the space for more books anyhow :p Let us know how you like 'em!

I am not sure which version of the Berkhof I got. It's the one with the purple cover I think.

I need to buy a new bookshelf for all these books :p

The $13 one is the right one. It's published by Eerdmans. I think you can learn more theology from the Introduction to Systematic Theology than from a lot of systematic theologies.

Hi:

Yes, Steven, you made a great buy. What he is referring to is a new copy of Berkhof's Systematic that is actually a one volume two book anthology. The first book is Berkhof's Manual of Christian Theology and the second is the Systematic Theology proper.

It has a purple cover - so I think you got the right one.

Blessings,

Rob

I am most surprised by the $119 for Calvin's commentaries + unabridged copy of the Institutes. I thought that was a fantastic price.

I received the Calvin set and love it (and the price). Berkhof is a decent price (I kind of remember seeing it for a buck or so less once.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back