What in the world would we do without Grace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
You have to think about it. What would we do if God was not gracious? My sin is ever before my face. If I had to face God without the imputed righteousness of Christ, and the grace of His good mercy, I would be doomed to hell for all eternity, to sit there under His wrath in the lowest of that eternal fiery pit. But give God glory! He is gracious to sinners.

Christopher Blum has put together a short study on the Doctrines of Grace. I have posted it under the TULIP section of A Puritan's Mind. It is filled with Scripture. It is smothered in it. It is wonderful. Its point su back the bible and back to the gracious character of God.

Take some time to be blessed by this article:

http://www.apuritansmind.com/TULIP/BlumChristopherDoctrinesOfGrace.htm

Originally posted by webmaster
You have to think about it. What would we do if God was not gracious? My sin is ever before my face. If I had to face God without the imputed righteousness of Christ, and the grace of His good mercy, I would be doomed to hell for all eternity, to sit there under His wrath in the lowest of that eternal fiery pit. But give God glory! He is gracious to sinners.

:ditto::amen: The more days I live, the more I actually come to realize how true that is, comparing my frequent procrastination and laziness, in schoolwork and other things, with God's absolute perfection, and the grace He has given me.

Originally posted by webmaster
Christopher Blum has put together a short study on the Doctrines of Grace. I have posted it under the TULIP section of A Puritan's Mind. It is filled with Scripture. It is smothered in it. It is wonderful. Its point su back the bible and back to the gracious character of God.

Take some time to be blessed by this article:

http://www.apuritansmind.com/TULIP/BlumChristopherDoctrinesOfGrace.htm

I'm humbled that you would take the time and space to post that on your site, and I can only pray that it will help others realize the very same dependence and insufficiency in themselves that I mentioned above.

Thanks to both of you gentlemen for this excellent contribution to the knowledge of the grace of God! :up:

[Edited on 17-12-2004 by VirginiaHuguenot]

Indeed, without God's grace not only would I suffer the pains of hell, but I would be totally enslaved to sin in this present life. Praise God for long suffering and patients he has towards me.

Congrats Chris on your article. I look forward to seeing your name on the book shelf in the not too distant future :)

VanVos

Chris what a nice resource! I was having a discussion about God's sovereign grace the other day, especially the Atonement. What a sobering and heart warming reality!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back