What is the Absolute worst Book you have ever read?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote:a8edd0eb17][i:a8edd0eb17]Originally posted by rembrandt[/i:a8edd0eb17]
[quote:a8edd0eb17]I'm surprised that The Works of Arminius made the list! He was a brilliant man, fully schooled in the scholastic method. If anyone thinks otherwise, read Richard Muller's book on Arminius before further judgment. That said, I disagree with much of what Arminus said, and I'm as thorough a supralapsarian Calvinist as (I suppose) one can be.[/quote:a8edd0eb17]

Yes, his works are dung eloquently served on golden plates. Or whatever it is that Luther said.

Worst books I have read were written by 'Smith Wigglesworth.' The man is insane! [/quote:a8edd0eb17]
Are you sure about Wigglesworth I was told by an Elder in a charismatic church that Wigglesworth was quite possibly the greatest Theologian that ever lived.:scholar:

The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale. My Mum made me read it when I was about 15; even as a then unconverted 15 yr old in an Anglican church I could see that it was sub-christian rubbish. Had the benefit of pointing me towards believing Total Depravity (not that that is what I would have called it then) which later played a large role in my being converted, and then later on in becoming a Calvinist.

That said, the book was so much :blah1: it would put anyone off whatever the point was supposed to be. but the idea that we could somehow make ourselves believe whatever we wanted, and hence become whatever we wanted, seemed silly even to me as an immature teenager.

OK I will 'fess up....

I actually tried to read Dave Hunt's [i:829bf45369]What Love is This?[/i:829bf45369].

It was so badly written, so badly reasoned, and so boldly blasphemous, that I could only get through about the first 100 pages. It should be renamed [i:829bf45369]Exegetical Gymnastics for Dummies[/i:829bf45369].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back