Votes: 3 4.2%
  • All creatures of our God and King

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Amazing Grace

Votes: 26 36.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted for Amazing Grace, b/c I have experienced, as I'm sure many of you have, of the wonderful grace of God. John Newton, to me, is the best at finding the middle ground between what is commanded, and what is realistic and normal, within the common Christian walk. I would want no one else preaching to me more then I would one who has been there as I have, and so John Newton is one of my all time favorites! And so, this hymn truly expresses exactly what I feel is most important to me, out of those listed! When all is said and done, Amazing Grace is what I need....all of the time!

Ok... not big on hymns but this one... this is my fav....

Come Thou Fount
3. O to grace how great a debtor
daily I'm constrained to be!
Let thy goodness, like a fetter,
bind my wandering heart to thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
prone to leave the God I love;
here's my heart, O take and seal it,
seal it for thy courts above.

The last verse is my fav

:amen:

:sing:

We sang this at T4G '08 and it was awesome...5000 voices. Can you imagine the choirs in heaven!?!?

-----Added 3/9/2009 at 11:58:56 EST-----

DMcFadden, My church sings "Shine Jesus Shine". It makes me wanna get sick. People are all clapping, singing, in total jubilation. I just stand there and can't believe it. Of course, I've noticed the loss of theology as we sink deeper and deeper into the contemporary worship style. I look around and can't believe what I see. Like a sailor watching as a ship is sinking.

Dude your not the captain are you!? ;)

Since no one else has addressed this yet,........, I think it imperative to mention that Robert Robertson composed this hymn, and........as the story goes.......he was on a train years later, having fallen away from the faith, and was brought back at this moment by some lady who sat beside him on the train, who was sharing this very line of his hymn to him as she sat next to him. And, she was so impressed by the words of the third stanza that said, "Prone to wander Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love...", and so it stuck a chord within him as well, that he repented at his very own words that he had written long ago!!! How awesome! And, how wondrously does our Father work, both towards the renewal of his children and towards the glory of his grace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back