Which is the best sport?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tellville

Puritan Board Junior
So my post about guns got me thinking:

What is the best sport and why?

I am only including major world sports. I realize this list is subjective, and I am sure I am missing some major sport, but that's why I've included the 'other' option!

Soccer, because it takes an enormous amount of skill and physical fitness, it's really entertaining to watch if you've ever had a ball at your feet, and it's amazingly fun.

Last edited:
I voted for Rugby but I also like Oz rules, Celtic football, and Hurling (not to be confused with Curling).

Some of these in my opinion are not sports, why don't we add cheerleading...?

I think there must terms defined: especially sport and competition.

MMA fighting. The purest sport. One man against another limited rules. Few excuses....well the excuses part is pushing it.

Track and Field.

Oy! What about Australian Rules Football?! I love that guy that comes out with the suit and hat and points forward when they score.

Take the mysticism out of "Field of Dreams" and you will find my childhood memories rooted in baseball. When I was a boy I used to put on my glove and sit on the porch in the middle of winter fantasizing about spring and playing ball. On a Saturday I would get up early and gather with my friends for a whole day of sandlot ball....and I mean all day! Remember the movie "Sandlot"? Except for the killer dog and a blind ex-negro league player, that was my childhood.

I played all the other sports. Many of them are fun and others are a blast to watch, but baseball is the joy of my younger days and remains so today. I used to cut school and take the train to New York City and then transfer to the # 7 train to Shea Stadium to go see my Mets. I did it all on $4.00! That was in 1976. I don't endorse cutting school by any means. But that is what an unregenerate 15 yeard old kid did back in the day.

31 years later I still love baseball. My Lord and my family come before the game, but when I have the opportunity I can still smell the leather of the glove, the grass on the field and the itch to swing the bat.

I vote cycling. Although with the recent doping scandals it has a black eye.
The amount of endurance needed for a single stage of a 125 miles or so in the tour de france, especially in the mountains, is almost super human. To survive the 23-2500 miles is truly an accomplishment.:2cents:

...but baseball is the joy of my younger days and remains so today. 31 years later I still love baseball....My Lord and my family come before the game, but when I have the opportunity I can still smell the leather of the glove, the grass on the field and the itch to swing the bat.

Like I said, baseball. Now 'nuff said!

Whoa... an American who likes a real game! Amazing ;)

I voted Cricket and Rugby. The Good Australian that I am.

My wife and I love Rugby. We got "hooked" on it when we were stationed in Japan. We were getting some British sports network out of Hong Kong at the time.

My wife likes the New Zealand All Blacks, though I'm partial to Team Scotland myself. Her teams seem to always win and mine lose but oh well....

My wife and I love Rugby. We got "hooked" on it when we were stationed in Japan. We were getting some British sports network out of Hong Kong at the time.

My wife likes the New Zealand All Blacks, though I'm partial to Team Scotland myself. Her teams seem to always win and mine lose but oh well....
Rugby is a fantastic game. If more Americans gave it a look I reckon it'd become a national sport (especially i they can get over their fear of getting hurt...).

Go the green and gold...

Australia 31 - Wales 0

And supporting the Scots over the All Blacks is pretty unwise.

Go Cricket!

Well soon the World Cup will be upon us...let us hope it ends like the last one :cheers2:
Johnny Will-kick-some can't save you this time.

However, our form has been pretty average thus far this year. Maybe I will need to run round swinging a pool queue again...

So my post about guns got me thinking:

What is the best sport and why?

I am only including major world sports. I realize this list is subjective, and I am sure I am missing some major sport, but that's why I've included the 'other' option!

I just realized how ironic your selections are. Your post about guns got you thinking about the world's greatest sports and you didn't include competitive shooting in the list. :lol:

I like to watch some FOOTBALL (American), Love my Washington Redskins!:up:

Max - I live in Redskins territory, but since I am transplated North Jersey guy I am still a die-hard Giants fan. My wife on the other hand is a rabid 'Skins fan. Twice a year I find the sofa a lot more inviting than my bed! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back