What is the Best Television Show of ALL TIME?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romans922

Puritan Board Professor
Not based on popularity, not based on you biased opinion, but based on a non-biased view of the creativity of the show, greatness of the show, character, plot developments, etc.

Perfect Strangers made the list as a candidate, and no Bob Newhart Show/Newhart?

Blasphemy!

Fawlty Towers deserves a spot too, just for the pure comedic genius of John Cleese.

[Edited on 1-2-2006 by mgeoffriau]

Going British are you?

Thin Blue Line

"The Queen is an anarchist...antichrist...no, what is that thing that is out of its historical context...an anachronism."(sic)

[Edited on 1-2-2006 by turmeric]

I put Perfect Strangers as comic relief. Smallville isn't in because it doesn't qualify.

I would have chosen Mork and Mindy...alas, not an option! Guess I'll go with Perfect Strangers.

MORK AND MINDY?

Again, Not based on popularity, not based on you biased opinion, but based on a non-biased view of the creativity of the show, greatness of the show, character, plot developments, etc.

No "Gunsmoke"? I have to think that's at least in the top 3.

A tidy and often deep morality play in every episode. One of the longest running series of all times.

My Top Three of the List:

1. Seinfeld
2. Simpsons
3. All In the Family

I'm suprised to see Sopranos is on the list. The list seemed to be pretty G-Rated.

It's a pretty good show: charecter development, plot, drama etc. but definitely not for those with weaker consciences.

[Edited on 1-2-2006 by Presbyrino]

Seinfeld all the way, in every non-biased way possible! While I love Andy and Barney, they just can't compete with Jerry, George, Kramer and Elaine!

My other biased, personal favorite shows include "House" and "My Wife and Kids." Also good is "Prison Break," and occassionally some "South Park."

My Mother the Car :bigsmile:
The Munsters
The Addams Family (not the movie ripoff)

"Oh, querida, you spoke French."

Little House on the prarie - best family show
cosby - best family sit com
cheers - best sitcom
csi - best drama
carol burnett - best variety

sienfeld stunk!!!!!!!!!

I voted Sienfeld, Everybody love Raymond is close second. But I saw no option to vote for Miami Vice?? I mean just greatest show ever! Which other show made living on a boat owning a pet crocodile look cool.

Originally posted by LadyCalvinist
Sorry, guys, the best show of all time is the British series The Prisoner.

The Prisoner was great!!! Not many people know the show......the actor, Patrick McGoohan I believe was actually Irish.

Look out for that big white ball #3

prisoner.jpg

[Edited on 1-10-2006 by Scott Bushey]

I'm still rooting for Gunsmoke. It started before I was born and ran through my high school years. Ironically, the same year it ended, 1975, was the same year I quit watching TV, so I'm probably biased.

It actually was the longest running show with the same main characters, 20 years, although I understand that the Simpsons may catch it in 3 more years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunsmoke

Little House on the Prairie hands down, although The Waltons would possibly contend.

We're also enjoying Andy Griffith on DVD lately. I don't remember Barney being such a lady's man!

T.J Hooker
Magnum P.I
A-Team
Knight Rider
Gilligan's Island
Flinstones

sorry guys, I can only go by what I love.

[Edited on 1-10-2006 by Slippery]

One of my Favorite shows was the Waltons. Sounds sappy but it is true. I have never been much for TV watching but I did like the Waltons. Oh yeah, And Hogan's Heroes. You can't forget Hogan's Heroes.

I have a feeling by my answers that I came from a different time period.

[Edited on 1-10-2006 by puritancovenanter]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back