What is the purpose of the millennium according to historic premillennialism

Status
Not open for further replies.
So? Many premils have found corroboration. You just don't like their results.

And what Bible verse gives us corroboration for something like the distinction between ruling and teaching elder? Further, what Bible verse says we have to have extra corroboration for each proposition in Scripture, and what verse corroborates that verse?
There can be shown many passages, but if the mind of someone is already made up...

The one ruled over by Jesus on Earth has no sin, sickness, war, and His morals are those worldwide. Do not see in the Bible the one you described!

Who then are all the wicked that rise up as the sand of the sea 1000 years after the second coming to confront Jesus and the glorified saints?

My point was that people can make doctrinal claims and yet not have all the infinite corroborations necessary.

Logical fallacy

That contradicts your earlier claim when you said I had to have one more corroboration. If there is no text teaching a thousand year reign, then why bother with demanding a corroboration, anyway?

No contradiction. As an Amillennialist, I do not believe that Rev 20 is future. I was asking it from your perspective: where was your corroboration for your belief of such a literal physical future millennial age?

Maybe you could show us who these millions are that populate this supposed future millennial earth that are manifestly too righteous to be included among the wicked and be destroyed but equally too wicked to be included among the righteous and be glorified?

Last edited:
No contradiction. As an Amillennialist, I do not believe that Rev 20 is future. I was asking it from your perspective: where was your corroboration for your belief of such a literal physical future millennial age?

Maybe you could show us who these millions are that populate this supposed future millennial earth that are manifestly too righteous to be included among the wicked and be destroyed but equally too wicked to be included among the righteous and be glorified?
The first resurrection is the one to glory, while second one is to judgment and is seperated by those 1000 years.

The first resurrection is the one to glory, while second one is to judgment and is seperated by those 1000 years.

Thanks for your response.

Corroboration was my main enquiry. I don't see that answered.

My second request was: "Maybe you could show us who these millions are that populate this supposed future millennial earth that are manifestly too righteous to be included among the wicked and be destroyed but equally too wicked to be included among the righteous and be glorified?" I don't see that answered either.

What denomination are you in?

My point was that people can make doctrinal claims and yet not have all the infinite corroborations necessary.

But according to Premills this is the second greatest age in history, outside of the NHNE, and yet Premils seem to lack corroboration for every element of that said period. If what you say is true, then it is not an insignificant age. Why did Jesus, Paul, Peter, etc, not mention it anywhere? Also, why did Jesus continually talk about only 2 ages (and not 3): this age and the age to come? There is no mention of a millennial age. There is no age to come age and then an age to come after the age to come. That to me is confusing.

What is more, all the detail described in Revelation 20 lines up with the detail outlined in the rest of the New Testament relating to our age.

Every single one of your posts on this board pertains to eschatology, almost all of which are specifically anti-premil.

With all due respect, what many of us have found over the years is that it is not worthwhile attempting to engage with someone who is evidently riding a hobby horse and who appears to have no interest in discussing anything else.

I didn't know it was wrong to advance Amil here or query Premil.

I didn't know it was wrong to advance Amil here or query Premil.

No one is saying you can't. But your entire posting has been woefully unbalanced. And methinks you aren't really here to interact, but to use everyone's post as a launching pad for another amil blog post.

No one is saying you can't. But your entire posting has been woefully unbalanced. And methinks you aren't really here to interact, but to use everyone's post as a launching pad for another amil blog post.

I hate to burst your bubble, but that was not my purpose. LOL. I was trying to glean answers. I am detecting paranoia here.

Also, how is it unbalanced. I was simply asking questions. The avoidance to me is more telling!

I hate to burst your bubble, but that was not my purpose. LOL. I was trying to glean answers. I am detecting paranoia here.

Also, how is it unbalanced. I was simply asking questions. The avoidance to me is more telling!

No one is avoiding you. I offered initial responses, which then led to about 40 more questions on your part. I decided that probably wasn't the best use of my time.

It comes across as unbalanced because you don't seem to talk about anything else.

No one is avoiding you. I offered initial responses, which then led to about 40 more questions on your part. I decided that probably wasn't the best use of my time.

It comes across as unbalanced because you don't seem to talk about anything else.

So, maybe you could show us who these millions are that populate this supposed future millennial earth that are manifestly too righteous to be included among the wicked and be destroyed but equally too wicked to be included among the righteous and be glorified? I don't see that answered.

Last edited:
So, maybe you could show us who these millions are that populate this supposed future millennial earth that are manifestly too righteous to be included among the wicked and be destroyed but equally too wicked to be included among the righteous and be glorified? I don't see that answered.

I think others have answered it on this thread (and about several dozen times on PB). It really isn't that important to me, either way. I got bigger fish to fry at the moment (e.g., Reformed scholastics, translating Hebrew and Greek, reading through Richard Hooker and Peter Martyr Vermigli).

I think others have answered it on this thread (and about several dozen times on PB). It really isn't that important to me, either way. I got bigger fish to fry at the moment (e.g., Reformed scholastics, translating Hebrew and Greek, reading through Richard Hooker and Peter Martyr Vermigli).

For the record, I don't believe it has been answered here. I don't honestly know what Scripture you can bring to the table, especially as all the wicked are destroyed in Rev 19, as elsewhere in Scripture at Christ's return. It was one of several reasons why I abandoned the theory. It is obviously an issue that Premils have to sometime address. Notwithstanding, I respect your right to avoid.

Thanks for the discussion.

Last edited:
For the record, I don't believe it has been answered here. I don't honestly know what Scripture you can bring to the table, especially as all the wicked are destroyed in Rev 19, as elsewhere in Scripture at Christ's return. It was one of several reasons why I abandoned the theory. It is obviously an issue that Premils have to sometime address. Notwithstanding, I respect your right to avoid.

Nothing wrong with asking the questions. We've just spent hundreds and hundreds of posts on this board over the years on exactly the same questions.

Now, what would be interesting is if you listed a bibliography of eschatological works that you have critically interacted with. Sometimes new questions come up there.

Nothing wrong with asking the questions. We've just spent hundreds and hundreds of posts on this board over the years on exactly the same questions.

Now, what would be interesting is if you listed a bibliography of eschatological works that you have critically interacted with. Sometimes new questions come up there.
I think that we here all agree that the Dr MacArthur version of premil us wrong, but historical premil was the standard position before Augustine made Anil the prominent viewpoint, and there have been noted Reformed and Baptists that have held to it over history of the Church.

When did chapter 20 Happen then?When did glorified saints rule with Christ, as cannot be glorified until second coming?

Thanks for your response.

Since 2000 I took a greater interest in eschatology, starting to write a book in support of Premil. My premise was supporting Scripture with Scripture. I felt corroboration was often ignored on eschatology and held the key to understanding Rev and other disputed passages. Both the OT and the NT emphasize the importance of 2 or 3 witnesses. 15 years as a Police Officer in Northern Ireland reinforced the importance of corroboration to me. After 6 months of writing with (I believe) an open mind, I changed my position to Amil.

After I arrived at position, I have read over 300 works from every different angle on the subject. I am still studying. There are too many to list.

I have different books at different stages of completion on this subject. Corroboration to me is what forbids Premil.

It is not my desire to derail this thread talking about me, but rather eschatology.

Last edited:
I think that we here all agree that the Dr MacArthur version of premil us wrong, but historical premil was the standard position before Augustine made Anil the prominent viewpoint, and there have been noted Reformed and Baptists that have held to it over history of the Church.

I appreciate your response.

While I agree re MacArthur, I have to disagree re the ECFs. Most Premils make that boast but have never examined it for themselves. I have found the opposite to be the truth. Classic Premil does not have one single advocate in the 1st 100 years after the cross. We do not have one single clear or obscure quote teaching any of the following Premillennial fundamentals in the first 100 years after the cross (apart from Papias holding to point 1):

1. The very mention of a future 1000 years.
2. The elevation of natural Israel to their old covenant place of favour over all other nations.
3. The restoring of Israel back to her ancient borders.
4. The return of the whole old covenant arrangement.
5. The rebuilding of a brick temple in earthly Jerusalem.
6. The restarting of the mass slaughter of innocent animals on the new earth.
7. The resuscitation of the ancient old covenant priesthood again in a future millennium.
8. Christ’s kingship and kingly reign being suspended until the second coming.
9. The multiplication of carnal pleasures on a future new earth, involving excessive gluttony and the proliferation of procreation in the age to come.
10. The final removal of Satan from heaven at the second coming.
11. The binding of Satan at the second coming.
12. His placement in the abyss for 1000 years after the second coming.
13. The release of Satan 1,000 years+ after the second coming.
14. The revival of Satanism 1,000 years+ after the second coming as the wicked in their billions overrun the Premil millennium.
15. Sin continuing unabated on a future millennial earth.
15. Corruption continuing unabated on a future millennial earth.
17. The wicked inheriting a future millennial earth.
18. Mortals inheriting a future millennial earth.
19. Decay continuing unabated on a future millennial earth.
20. The curse continuing unabated on a future millennial earth.
21. Satan operating on a future new earth.

Papias is the closest to a modern day Premil, but he advances only one of the above. As we examine the next 100 years (AD130-230), the Chiliasm advanced had more in common with modern day Amillennialism than Historic or Dispensational Premil. There is far more agreement between Postmils and Amils, than ancient Chiliasts and Modern Premils.

Barnabas is claimed by some Premils, but he was actually an Amil.

Last edited:
When did chapter 20 Happen then?When did glorified saints rule with Christ, as cannot be glorified until second coming?

I believe Christ is "the first resurrection" (Acts 26:23 and Revelation 20:6), "the firstborn from the dead" (Colossians 1:18), "the firstfruits of them that slept" (1 Corinthians 15:20), "first begotten of the dead" (Revelation 1:5). Positionally, we have our part in His life, death, resurrection, ascension and glorious reign through regeneration - being "in Christ." This means the lake of fire (the second death) has no claim over us. Our sin was buried with Christ and when He arose we arose. He was our representative. He was our substitute. The company that have their “part” in the first resurrection in Revelation 20:6 are all those that are spiritually raised “in Christ” from the grave of their sin.

Romans 6:4 says, “we are buried with him by baptism into death.”

Colossians 2:12 agrees, saying, we are “Buried with him in baptism.”

Romans 6:4 says, “like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.”

Colossians 2:12 again concurs, saying, “ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.”

Matthew 12:22-29, Mark 3:11, 23-27, Luke 10:18-19, Luke 11:20-22, John 12:31-33 Colossians 2:13-15, Hebrews 2:14-15, I John 3:8, Revelation 9:1-11, Revelation 12:7-9 and Revelation 20:2 prove Satan was cast out, bound, defeated, incapacitated, divested of power, disarmed, brought to naught, undone, stripped and spiritually imprisoned through Christ's sinless life, atoning death and triumphant resurrection. Colossians 2:15 tells us: “having spoiled (or divested or disarmed) principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.” Satan has not been rendered immobile or inoperative but is limited in his power, kingship and influence by being defeated on the cross. He is like a dog on a chain. He is shackled.

Satan cannot stop the enlightenment of the Gentiles as before. The restraint simply relates to the Gospel advance to the Gentiles. They were once enveloped in darkness before the first resurrection, now a bright light has been shining for 2000 years saving countless millions throughout the nations. And there is absolutely nothing Satan can do prevent the invasion of his territory. He cannot deceive "the nations" (Gentiles) because we now have the truth as a result of the church expansion into the nations.

We should note in Rev 20:3, the enlightening of the Gentiles (or) ethnos is carefully connected to the first resurrection of Christ. It is only through this powerful event that the deception that smothered the Gentiles was lifted. Moreover, the binding of Satan is expressly connected to the enlightenment of the Gentiles (or) ethnos.

The Church currently exists in its heavenly authority procured for them by Christ who has already defeated every enemy. The introduction of the kingdom of God through Christ’s earthly ministry saw the beginning of Christ’s assault upon the global control of Satan. It is through the finished work of Calvary that the Church now walks in victory. The responsibility of the Church is to simply enter into the reality of that great eternal work by faith. We reside on a far higher spiritual plane than this sin-cursed earth, namely in the throne-room of God. Abiding there ensures we walk by His will, His commands and His blueprint rather than our own carnal desires.

Please read Romans 5:17, “For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.”

Ephesians 1:3 also supports, saying, “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ.”

Ephesians 2:5-6, says, speaking of God, “Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.”

This is obviously speaking of salvation. Now that we are born from above we are counted as spiritually reigning with Christ.

Romans 8:16-18 says, “The Spirit himself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are children of God: and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified with [him].”

As we can see, we are currently "joint-heirs with Christ." We reign because He reigns. When we put on Christ in salvation we entered into His kingdom and therefore came under His kingship, which resulted in us being placed in heavenly authority with kingly robes. The elect of God today “are ambassadors for Christ” (2 Corinthians 5:20). The reason being, “he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

The Greek word for “heir” is kleronomos meaning ‘getting by apportionment’, it can be interpreted ‘an inheritor or a possessor’. This is what happens upon salvation, we were adopted into the family of God and became one with Christ, whereupon, through Christ, we assumed a heavenly inheritance.

God exercises divine power over all creation and He exercise His divine through His new creation. The people of God carry incredible authority of His children. They are on this earth to evade Satan’s territory, curtail his efforts, overcome his power and plunder his house,

John says in Revelation 1:5-6, “Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, And hath made (aorist active indicative) us kings and priests unto God and his father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever.”

1 Peter 2:9 says of the Church presently – intra-Advent, “Ye are a chosen generation, a royal (or kingly) priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.”

Is it just in life? Is it not also in death?

That reigns occurs both in life and in death. It will also last for all eternity on the new earth when Jesus comes. Then the throne of God descends unto the perfected new earth.

Last edited:
Both the OT and the NT emphasize the importance of 2 or 3 witnesses.

That's almost always in a judicial context. For example, I believe that the earth was created ex nihilo, but outside of Hebrews there isn't direct support for that specific proposition. It's not a foolproof methodology.

That's almost always in a judicial context. For example, I believe that the earth was created ex nihilo, but outside of Hebrews there isn't direct support for that specific proposition. It's not a foolproof methodology.

First, I once again disagree with your example attempting to refute corroboration. The important issue is that God created the earth and all that is in it by speaking it into existence. There are multiple Scriptures to support that. To most of us, we accept that fact by faith.

Second, most Christians are aware of the crucial mandate of 2 Peter 1:20: “no prophecy of the Scripture is of any private interpretation.” When someone takes one Scripture and makes it contradicts numerous other Scripture you know that their understanding of that text is wrong.

The problem we have today across the board when it comes to doctrine is: Christians try to force their theology into a text rather than letting the Scripture speak for itself.

Premil (in my opinion) is totally preoccupied with, and dependent upon, Revelation 20. It interprets the rest of Scripture in the light of its opinion of one lone highly-debated chapter located in the most figurative and obscure book in the Bible. All end-time Scripture is viewed through the lens of Revelation 20. This is not a very wise way to establish any truth or doctrine.

We build Scripture upon Scripture in order to piece God’s truth together. We embrace the full gamut of Holy Writ. We do not limit our understanding of a future time-line to one chapter or one book. That would be insane.

Interpreting a text to the exclusion of other relevant Scripture is censured here. Imposing your bias school of thought on a Scripture text is wrong. That is private interpretation. It should be supported by other clear and repeated Scriptures. After all, there is a harmony to all truth. Scripture does not contradict Scripture. If we employ this interpretive rule, I believe, one cannot but arrive at any other conclusion than the coming of Christ is climactic and ushers in eternity.

2 Corinthians 13:1 highlights a divine evidential imperative, which if ignored will bring Bible students into all forms of false teaching. It states, “In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.”

This important principle was decreed of God throughout the Old Testament in order to corroborate evidence in the case of witnesses - to prove matters of evidence. It is also presented in the New Testament time as the criteria for establishing truth.

1 Corinthians 2:13 says, “the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.”

God expects us to compare Scripture with Scripture – the spiritual with the spiritual. Scripture is the supreme and absolute means for interpreting other Scripture.

If ever there is a passage in the Word of God that needs to be examined and understood in the light of the plain, simple teaching found elsewhere within the canon of Scripture, it is the much-debated symbolic narrative of Revelation 20.

All sensible theologians believe that Scripture must interpret Scripture. This is where Premillennialism falls apart. They have absolutely no scriptural corroborate for their interpretation of Revelation 20 that Satan will be bound for a time-span of 1000 years after the all-consummating Second Advent. Likewise, they have absolutely no corroboration for their notion of Revelation 20 that there are two distinct judgment days separated by 1000 years. Also, nothing to support their interpretation of Revelation 20 that there are two physical resurrections (the first for the righteous, the second for the wicked) separated by a literal 1000 years. I could go on and on.

tl;dr

You mentioned that you read 300 books on eschatology. Could you provide us book reviews of the most notable counters to your position and show where their arguments aren't truth-preserving?

It's also interesting that you came on PB to attack premillennialism. There are maybe 3 premils on it. I am one of them but I waver sometimes. I agree with Michael Heiser: every eschatological system cheats to make it work.

I believe Christ is "the first resurrection" (Acts 26:23 and Revelation 20:6), "the firstborn from the dead" (Colossians 1:18), "the firstfruits of them that slept" (1 Corinthians 15:20), "first begotten of the dead" (Revelation 1:5). Positionally, we have our part in His life, death, resurrection, ascension and glorious reign through regeneration - being "in Christ." This means the lake of fire (the second death) has no claim over us. Our sin was buried with Christ and when He arose we arose. He was our representative. He was our substitute. The company that have their “part” in the first resurrection in Revelation 20:6 are all those that are spiritually raised “in Christ” from the grave of their sin.

Romans 6:4 says, “we are buried with him by baptism into death.”

Colossians 2:12 agrees, saying, we are “Buried with him in baptism.”

Romans 6:4 says, “like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.”

Colossians 2:12 again concurs, saying, “ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.”

Matthew 12:22-29, Mark 3:11, 23-27, Luke 10:18-19, Luke 11:20-22, John 12:31-33 Colossians 2:13-15, Hebrews 2:14-15, I John 3:8, Revelation 9:1-11, Revelation 12:7-9 and Revelation 20:2 prove Satan was cast out, bound, defeated, incapacitated, divested of power, disarmed, brought to naught, undone, stripped and spiritually imprisoned through Christ's sinless life, atoning death and triumphant resurrection. Colossians 2:15 tells us: “having spoiled (or divested or disarmed) principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.” Satan has not been rendered immobile or inoperative but is limited in his power, kingship and influence by being defeated on the cross. He is like a dog on a chain. He is shackled.

Satan cannot stop the enlightenment of the Gentiles as before. The restraint simply relates to the Gospel advance to the Gentiles. They were once enveloped in darkness before the first resurrection, now a bright light has been shining for 2000 years saving countless millions throughout the nations. And there is absolutely nothing Satan can do prevent the invasion of his territory. He cannot deceive "the nations" (Gentiles) because we now have the truth as a result of the church expansion into the nations.

We should note in Rev 20:3, the enlightening of the Gentiles (or) ethnos is carefully connected to the first resurrection of Christ. It is only through this powerful event that the deception that smothered the Gentiles was lifted. Moreover, the binding of Satan is expressly connected to the enlightenment of the Gentiles (or) ethnos.

The Church currently exists in its heavenly authority procured for them by Christ who has already defeated every enemy. The introduction of the kingdom of God through Christ’s earthly ministry saw the beginning of Christ’s assault upon the global control of Satan. It is through the finished work of Calvary that the Church now walks in victory. The responsibility of the Church is to simply enter into the reality of that great eternal work by faith. We reside on a far higher spiritual plane than this sin-cursed earth, namely in the throne-room of God. Abiding there ensures we walk by His will, His commands and His blueprint rather than our own carnal desires.

Please read Romans 5:17, “For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.”

Ephesians 1:3 also supports, saying, “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ.”

Ephesians 2:5-6, says, speaking of God, “Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.”

This is obviously speaking of salvation. Now that we are born from above we are counted as spiritually reigning with Christ.

Romans 8:16-18 says, “The Spirit himself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are children of God: and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified with [him].”

As we can see, we are currently "joint-heirs with Christ." We reign because He reigns. When we put on Christ in salvation we entered into His kingdom and therefore came under His kingship, which resulted in us being placed in heavenly authority with kingly robes. The elect of God today “are ambassadors for Christ” (2 Corinthians 5:20). The reason being, “he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

The Greek word for “heir” is kleronomos meaning ‘getting by apportionment’, it can be interpreted ‘an inheritor or a possessor’. This is what happens upon salvation, we were adopted into the family of God and became one with Christ, whereupon, through Christ, we assumed a heavenly inheritance.

God exercises divine power over all creation and He exercise His divine through His new creation. The people of God carry incredible authority of His children. They are on this earth to evade Satan’s territory, curtail his efforts, overcome his power and plunder his house,

John says in Revelation 1:5-6, “Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, And hath made (aorist active indicative) us kings and priests unto God and his father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever.”

1 Peter 2:9 says of the Church presently – intra-Advent, “Ye are a chosen generation, a royal (or kingly) priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.”

Is it just in life? Is it not also in death?

That reigns occurs both in life and in death. It will also last for all eternity on the new earth when Jesus comes. Then the throne of God descends unto the perfected new earth.
First, I once again disagree with your example attempting to refute corroboration. The important issue is that God created the earth and all that is in it by speaking it into existence. There are multiple Scriptures to support that. To most of us, we accept that fact by faith.

Second, most Christians are aware of the crucial mandate of 2 Peter 1:20: “no prophecy of the Scripture is of any private interpretation.” When someone takes one Scripture and makes it contradicts numerous other Scripture you know that their understanding of that text is wrong.

The problem we have today across the board when it comes to doctrine is: Christians try to force their theology into a text rather than letting the Scripture speak for itself.

Premil (in my opinion) is totally preoccupied with, and dependent upon, Revelation 20. It interprets the rest of Scripture in the light of its opinion of one lone highly-debated chapter located in the most figurative and obscure book in the Bible. All end-time Scripture is viewed through the lens of Revelation 20. This is not a very wise way to establish any truth or doctrine.

We build Scripture upon Scripture in order to piece God’s truth together. We embrace the full gamut of Holy Writ. We do not limit our understanding of a future time-line to one chapter or one book. That would be insane.

Interpreting a text to the exclusion of other relevant Scripture is censured here. Imposing your bias school of thought on a Scripture text is wrong. That is private interpretation. It should be supported by other clear and repeated Scriptures. After all, there is a harmony to all truth. Scripture does not contradict Scripture. If we employ this interpretive rule, I believe, one cannot but arrive at any other conclusion than the coming of Christ is climactic and ushers in eternity.

2 Corinthians 13:1 highlights a divine evidential imperative, which if ignored will bring Bible students into all forms of false teaching. It states, “In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.”

This important principle was decreed of God throughout the Old Testament in order to corroborate evidence in the case of witnesses - to prove matters of evidence. It is also presented in the New Testament time as the criteria for establishing truth.

1 Corinthians 2:13 says, “the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.”

God expects us to compare Scripture with Scripture – the spiritual with the spiritual. Scripture is the supreme and absolute means for interpreting other Scripture.

If ever there is a passage in the Word of God that needs to be examined and understood in the light of the plain, simple teaching found elsewhere within the canon of Scripture, it is the much-debated symbolic narrative of Revelation 20.

All sensible theologians believe that Scripture must interpret Scripture. This is where Premillennialism falls apart. They have absolutely no scriptural corroborate for their interpretation of Revelation 20 that Satan will be bound for a time-span of 1000 years after the all-consummating Second Advent. Likewise, they have absolutely no corroboration for their notion of Revelation 20 that there are two distinct judgment days separated by 1000 years. Also, nothing to support their interpretation of Revelation 20 that there are two physical resurrections (the first for the righteous, the second for the wicked) separated by a literal 1000 years. I could go on and on.
Whst authors on Premil position for Revelation have you read then?

tl;dr

You mentioned that you read 300 books on eschatology. Could you provide us book reviews of the most notable counters to your position and show where their arguments aren't truth-preserving?

It's also interesting that you came on PB to attack premillennialism. There are maybe 3 premils on it. I am one of them but I waiver sometimes. I agree with Michael Heiser: every eschatological system cheats to make it work.
Historical premil has been held by some prominent Reformed authors, like Spurgeon and Boice, so not as slam dunk as he leads on.

Last edited:
Historical premil gas been held by some prominent Reformed authors, like Spurgeon and Noice, do not as slam dunk as he leads on.

To be fair, it's been held by a few. Very few, though some of the names are prominent. We shouldn't press the case beyond the evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back