What Is Your Favorite Room of Your House?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OPC'n

Puritan Board Doctor
Which is your favorite room and why?

Mine is my bedroom. I have a 1800's bed that is just beautifully made yet only cost a few hundred dollars. It has carvings on the head and foot board and encases my mattress completely. It is only a 3/4 bed which fits nicely into my small bedroom. My sheets are the softest sheets ever made. I came upon them by accident really. I spent the night at my sister's house when we had a bad snow storm. She gave me her bed to sleep on and I about died when I slept on her sheets. I asked her where she got them and her simple reply was, "From Mom". Well, they're are mine now was my reply. :lol:. She didn't care and so I am in ownership of the softest sheets ever made...they only made one pair, btw. I also have an antique dresser which matches my bed although I bought I it separately. It's small but does it's job. On my dresser I have a medium sized rock-nightlight which glows an amber hue. An "antiquish" night stand holds my lamp and clock at the head of my bed and an antique chair guards the foot of my bed off to the side. White lace curtains finish off the room. The best part of my room is my Pear Bartlett candle that truly does smell like the best pear ever....and I don't even like pears! I like my room so much I wrote a poem about it.

Familiar Voices

The evening is far spent as I lazily doze on my seventeenth century bed. My dresser reflects the ages of people unknown. My nightlight gives off the same orange hue as the sunset I just witnessed earlier which adds to the coziness of my tiny, antique room. My lace, sheer curtains blow gently in the breeze which finds its way in through the slat of my window...it's fresh. The crickets are singing for me. I smile as I hear southern speech drift into my room. My mother's voice carries in it the echos of generations before her. Laughter plays on her voice and she is soothing. I remember my grandmother. She too had that southern song which rang from her voice. Soon the song of my whole family plays in my head and I am back into my childhood days. The smells...the voices...the feelings...they are my memories that are so sweet in my mind. I love my familiar voices...may they live on into eternity.

My office. I can hear everything that goes on in the house from here. I have two windows to look out of. I can see the huge silver maple tree in my front yard and hear the birds. My office is adjacent to my daughter's room. I can hear her in there and be comforted by the fact she still lives at home. It's going to be a lonely house when she eventually moves out.

The sauna

Especially when I get to go alone. A great place to sit and meditate and pray.

Bring a cold beer and it's perfect!

It would be the living room. We live in an older house and it has a very well made fireplace in the living room. It is one of those rare old gems that actually throws more heat than what goes up the flue. We have two couches, my grandmother's rocking chair, an 18th cent. wingback chair that has been in the family since before the Revolution, our piano, and a very old 19th century pump organ that has been in the family for generations. It is where we tend to hang out, read, play games, visit friends, and more.

MY toiliet because its where I can get away and study lol no really thats why my family calls it RTS.....Roldan Toilet Seminary hahaha

I can't say I really have a favorite but I like my studio area in the basement. That is where I go "create" or hang with my daughter and do various things. She calls it her "office".

My bedroom because that's where I about the only place where I can get some peace and quiet.

Last edited:
My "cubicle".

We built loft beds so as to squeeze the most space out of our room as possible. Underneath the bed is my office. I fit my dresser, a bookshelf, my desk, an electronics parts cabinet, and most of my electronics tools in there.

For me? Depends on what I'm doin'...and that's all I'm going to say about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bedroom/office. I live in a small apartment with a roommate, and so I have one room that doubles as both. My roommate has really strong opinions about decorating, and since I'm not as set in my ways, I've let her have her way with the rest of the place - so my bedroom/office is the one place that feels like me if that makes any sense.

I have a huge antique cherry wood desk with a leather top and gold (fake) inlay that I adore and a matching dresser (both found at thrift stores, w00t).

My favorite room is the kitchen. This is our third home, and the first time we've had a big kitchen. When the landlord and his wife were showing us the house for the first time, I actually said, out loud, "this is the nicest kitchen I've ever seen!" The wife just looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Yeah?"
My husband later asked me not to say things like that out loud!
Anyway, it is not the nicest as in fanciest, but it is so spacious and we actually have UNUSED cabinet space!!
My husband's parents, who are incredibly generous and awesome, gave us an old table that we love. It's a big, wooden rectangle with two benches. It is perfect for games and meals and company. It will be great if we are blessed with many children! It is already great for the two we already have.
Here's a pic with our old table. The kitchen is so much nicer with the new table, though.
n151101582_30549299_786.jpg

The best part is that the kitchen leads into the play room and the courtyard, so I can be in there working or reading and the kids can be content playing right where I can see them.
Into the playroom:
n151101582_30549307_3364.jpg

Not my bedroom for sure, since it reminds me I'm alone there. But I don't have a favorite. Where ever my kids, their friends and girl friends are hanging around and laughing and teasing is where I'm happiest. The little insulated shed where I bottle my honey and my greenhouse are both outside, and they give me that gemütlich feeling some of you are talking about.

We are in our first house so at this point every room is pretty nice, especially when it is clean.

Mine is the kitchen. It's where we visit and cook and eat. Our work island doubles as a bar and that's where friends sit and visit while we prepare.

Last night I was chatting with Martin on Skype while the laptop was amidst the chopped veggies. It was kind of surreal. My supper was surrounding a friend who was in Denmark.

I like our basement. This is the first house I've lived in with one. It's a little cool in the winters, but in the summers it is just about the perfect temp. That is our family room/TV room, so we can retire there in the evenings, watch a DVD, play a game, watch TV, whatever. The furniture is so comfortable!

My Backyard....

I love my backyard, pitching mound set up for my 8 year old softball player, room to throw the football or baseball with my son, swimming pool for summer with work-out tramp set-up for killer diving catches into the pool, couple of rusty dumbells and a pull-up bar for work-outs on the fly, a nice grill, chairs with custom legs so they sit high enough for me to view the mountains over my fence while sipping on a cold beverage in summer, a warm scotch in winter....oh yeah!

The sauna

Especially when I get to go alone. A great place to sit and meditate and pray.

Bring a cold beer and it's perfect!

A sauna! Leave it to a Fin! We used to have one when I was growing up and we really enjoyed it but no longer...

I like the "dining room". It's just off the open kitchen and has the computer in there as well.

Being a Texan, new to the land of basements that is Pennsylvania, I have to vote for our finished room in the basement. From there I can work on a sermon, puff contentedly on a pipe, sip coffee and let the world do what it will. And for the distractions of the little residents we have a train table there and a PS2. So, we all win! What other room could that be said of?

Our basement contains our family room, the big screen tv, the movies, recliners, Wii, Playstation 2, a bar, piano, heavy punching bag, toy boxes and library.... I still pick the kitchen. I LOVE FOOD!!!! I love to smell it, touch it, eat it, wear it as a hat.

Our basement contains our family room, the big screen tv, the movies, recliners, Wii, Playstation 2, a bar, piano, heavy punching bag, toy boxes and library.... I still pick the kitchen. I LOVE FOOD!!!! I love to smell it, touch it, eat it, wear it as a hat.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back