What is your favourite subject?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harrie

Puritan Board Freshman
Suppose, you had to be a professor at a Theological University.

What subject would you want to teach?

[Edited on 3-22-2004 by Harrie]

Well, I love pratical theology, but if I were to teach, I would love to teach church history!

Grace,
Dwayne

A Prolegomena On The Metaphysical Use And Symbolic Meaning In The Musical Instruments Painted By Hieronymous Bosch In His Paintings Of Hell, And Other Intriguing Metaphors.

...just kidding.

1. Latin
2. O.T./Ancient Near East History
3. Eschatology

[Edited on 3-23-2004 by Wintermute]

1. Hermeneutics
2. Systematics
3. New Testament
4. Old Testament

and last, but not least...
5. underwater basket weaving. That would rock. :wr51:

1. Systematics
2. Latin and Greek
3. (after having MUCH more experience) Preaching

Somebody forgot to put Biblical Theology and Literary Theology on the list. :eureka:

My order would be:

1. Systematic/Biblical Theology
2. Hermeneutics/Literary Theology
3. Old Testament

1. Preaching
2. Systematic Theology
3. Evangelism/Missiology
4. Church History
5. NT Exegesis

Phillip :smug:

I have to agree ...

... with the above sentiment regarding Biblical (or Covenant) Theology. As the broader category surrounding exegesis (OT & NT), for those of us who want to click both we are stuck :( choosing which language we like better, or perhaps the NT's heightened relevance (i.e. as ministers of the New Covenant). When we really prefer to joy :bouncing: in the unity of the whole!

1) Biblical (Covenant) Theology
2) Systematic Theology
3) Church History

At our university, Biblical Theology is a part of Systematic Theolgy and preaching is a part of practical theology.

And what is Literary Theology?

I wouldn't dream of teaching. That "stricter judgment" is too scary. But if I did, I'd offer a course on cults and -isms.
And by the way (off-topic), has anybody ever wanted to slap a relativist when he says, "Well, that's YOUR interpretation. What's true for you might not true for me"? Just wondering.:puzzled:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back