What is your start page? ...if that is the right question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xirtam

Puritan Board Freshman
I am not sure if I am asking the right question, but what site comes up on your browser when it opens? It might be called a start page or a homepage (but I don't mean your own personal homepage - I mean, unless you really want to suggest your own page!).

When I open Internet Explorer, I have BBC news, BibleGateway and Wretched Radio. When I open FireFox, I have The Christian Post.

I would like to get rid of The Christian Post, because I find it more miss than hit and I'd like to hear some other suggestions to exchange with the others or add on to what I already have listed.

Any ideas are welcome.

In Christ,

Come now. How can you ask such a question? How can it be anything other than PuritanBoard?

Okay. Truth be told, I start simply with Google. Online speed and connectivity are an issue here and that page is dependable and should load quickly, so that I can quickly see by how it loads whether or not I'm connected at a decent speed.

I have mine set to open wherever I left off on my last session. With a pre-schooler running around, sometimes I didn't get a chance to print something, save a craft or recipe to Evernote, order something on Amazon, etc. This way, even if Firefox/my computer is shut down, I don't lose those pages. If I did it some other way, I'd probably have it open with The Drudge Report.

I leave Chrome up all the time. My first tab always has my email. My second tab always has feedly. I typically have 2-10 more tabs opened that I haven't gotten to yet. If I open a new tab, it opens to google.com.

I don't have a start page. I use Google Chrome, so it just shows a Google search bar and some of my most visited sites.

I leave Chrome up all the time. My first tab always has my email. My second tab always has feedly. I typically have 2-10 more tabs opened that I haven't gotten to yet. If I open a new tab, it opens to google.com.

Does having that many tabs slow down things?

My start page is the local online court docket in Chrome, some sort of generic search page if I open IE.

Pretty wild, I know....

I am not sure if I am asking the right question, but what site comes up on your browser when it opens? It might be called a start page or a homepage (but I don't mean your own personal homepage - I mean, unless you really want to suggest your own page!).

When I open Internet Explorer, I have BBC news, BibleGateway and Wretched Radio. When I open FireFox, I have The Christian Post.

I would like to get rid of The Christian Post, because I find it more miss than hit and I'd like to hear some other suggestions to exchange with the others or add on to what I already have listed.

Any ideas are welcome.

In Christ,

Thumbs up for Wretched! Love that program and love Todd.

Any ideas are welcome.

In Christ,

Thumbs up for Wretched! Love that program and love Todd.

Before installing Google Chrome it was the BBC home page. Previous to that it was a vocabulary site which gave you a word and 4 meanings of which you had to select the correct one. For every correct answer so many grains of rice were sent to the 3rd world -or so they claimed. Used to try and get 1000 grains of rice before accessing my first page. Can't remember the site now.

Previous to that it was a vocabulary site which gave you a word and 4 meanings of which you had to select the correct one. For every correct answer so many grains of rice were sent to the 3rd world -or so they claimed. Used to try and get 1000 grains of rice before accessing my first page. Can't remember the site now.
Play online, learn online and feed the hungry | Freerice.com It has expanded to math, foreign languages, etc. You can still have that as a home page in Chrome. My Chrome opens to FB or wherever I left off the last time I was on.

Once I hit Firefox, the first thing I see is the photograph that is currently my placeholder (or whatever you call it when you can choose a new background for your page). At the moment, I have a photograph up of the earliest surviving photograph of New York City. It shows a farmhouse on a hill, surrounded by a field with a white fence - obviously a rural area. That scene is a part of what is now the Upper West Side in Manhattan. The photo was taken in 1848.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back