What Kind Of Accent Do You Have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends. I was "born" with a southern accent (born in Charleston). But I also learned to speak with NO accent (my stepdad was from Chicago and told me threatened me with horrible things if I ever "spoke like a ~n~" again...for some reason he always connected accent with colour, how ignorant and he lived in Charleston...surprised he survived those years). My mama was raised is German and Finn (says "ja" alot) and was raised in PA. So I can do all three...Dutchified when dealing with neighbours, non accented when speaking formally before a group or online, and with a southern accent when emotional or simply to be a rebel. One lady I met in real life said she was shocked at my accent because she always "heard" me online as being very "proper".

therefore, the quiz would do me no good, because it would all depend on where I was.

Can`t get the html code to work properly but my result is The South.

That`s a southern accent you have there.You may love it,You may hate it,you may swear you don`t have it,but whatever the case,we hear it.

Joe

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

MIDLAND? What do they know? I talk more like a Kentuckian I have been told.

Can`t get the html code to work properly but my result is The South.

That`s a southern accent you have there.You may love it,You may hate it,you may swear you don`t have it,but whatever the case,we hear it.

Joe

Let me add that I am surprised by the results.Although some can detect a southern accent in my voice(mainly because I say yawl),I answered those questions correctly.Don and Dawn sound different if spoken in correct english.

Joe

I got the same name also.... Payphone Ringing in Empty Hallway. I wonder if it is because we pray when we get mad and the guys who put this together are atheistic. ;-)

Remember question 12. When you get mad you react by?

Apparently if you kick someone's patootee :lol: or pray then you are a payphone...anything else and you are dog.

I'm kinda heated.

I got "Midland", and the little red bar has me (I'm guessing) at like 40% Boston.

Whatever. I can't stand yankee accents.

I was really shooting for Southern White Trash...

I'm crushed.

:lol:

North Central, though I was raised on the West coast and have never spent a day of my life in Minnesota. I do have Canadian relatives so perhaps some influence there?

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The Inland North
The West
The Northeast
Philadelphia
Boston
The South
North Central

I am from Pennsylvania, so maybe this thing works?

:)

what does that quiz know anyway? Says I am from northeast. Never even been close to there.

Dutch (to my 14th), then moved to Alberta.

:rofl: :banghead:

What American accent do you have?Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

I got the Northeast. Grew up in Southeast Kansas, close to the Ozarks, moved to Oregon. Where's that snob accent coming from? Haven't tried the Indian name one yet.

I got the West...weird. It said: "your accent is the lowest common denominator of the American speech. Unless you are a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really you may not be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta."

My next "accents" were Midland and the South.

Hmmm...let's see. I lived in Southern Illinios until I was 24 years old. I lived in Ft. Worth, Texas for the next three years. Moved back to Southern Illinois and lived there until 1991 when I moved to Wisconsin. Been here since.

I had a English teacher in high school who was from New England who thought I was from the South. I do have distant roots in Arkansas.

How does this come out to a Western accent?

Now I don't know who I am?

A coworker pinned me down specifically to Bayonne, NJ, where I was born and lived until I was 12.

Bayonne? The scourge of Hudson County! LOL I was born and raised in Kearny, NJ.

I came out with "Northeast" on the test.

What American accent do you have?Your Result: The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.
The Midland

Boston

North Central

The Inland North

Philadelphia

The South

The Northeast

Inland North for me. Grew up out west though. Probably my dad's family influence. They're from North Dakota/Minnesota. And yes, I call it "pop"!

Midland. Though, sometimes when I talk I have a Wisconsin accent, comes from living with my SIL who is from there. Also, very occasionally, I'll get a tinge of a British accent.

Inland North for me. Grew up out west though. Probably my dad's family influence. They're from North Dakota/Minnesota. And yes, I call it "pop"!

We call it pop here also. Indiana must be all screwed up. We are the Crossroads of America. Y'all. My Grandma say's oril for oil? That aint in the quiz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back