What should I eat for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it's "make the PB cringe" time....

An old room-mate taught me this dish, so all the blame falls on him.

I use the higher-end Kraft macaroni and cheese, the one with the actual cheese in it, not the powder stuff, and mix in 2 cans of tuna packed in oil...

I know, the crowd :rolleyes:

Of course it even tastes better when my wife prepares it....(I tell her that her cooking changes the molecular cohesion of the food molecules to make it taste better.)

My wife and I just discovered Kirkland "Italian Style Beef Meatballs" (precooked) in the frozen foods section of Costco. Delicious, and at $15 for 140 meatballs you can't beat the price. They'll last you a while in the freezer, and you can eat them plain, cook them with Prego spaghetti sauce on top of pasta, or even throw some warmed Campbell's condensed mushroom soup (w/o adding the water of course) on top of them as gravy.

As someone who once was a starving law student many years ago, I know the criteria for meals: cheap, fast and easy to cook. My law school roommates and I survived for quite a while on rice with canned chili or Dinty Moore canned stew thrown on top. And a lot of fried spam as well.

I use the higher-end Kraft macaroni and cheese, the one with the actual cheese in it, not the powder stuff, and mix in 2 cans of tuna packed in oil...

Of course it even tastes better when my wife prepares it....(I tell her that her cooking changes the molecular cohesion of the food molecules to make it taste better.)

Wow!! My wife has magic wifey dust!

Coked Chicken!!

Throw some onion and garlic into a wok and fry it. Then throw in some chicken wings. Fry them a little and throw in some soy sauce. Stir. Then cover with Coke. Cover and leave for I think around 20 minutes or until coke turns to gravy. It takes some getting right but it is the best food ever made.

Pancakes? Takes some time to make, but they are pretty value-effective. In fact, I think I'm going to make some pancakes right now, and surprise my mom and siblings when they come home for lunch. :eureka:

Last night we had pancakes and eggs. Good stuff.

BTW, if the South had had one more bag of grits the War would have gone the other way!

Coked Chicken!!

Throw some onion and garlic into a wok and fry it. Then throw in some chicken wings. Fry them a little and throw in some soy sauce. Stir. Then cover with Coke. Cover and leave for I think around 20 minutes or until coke turns to gravy. It takes some getting right but it is the best food ever made.

You are talking about Coca-Cola, right? :lol:

Coked Chicken!!

Funny how the mind works. When I saw "Coked Chicken" I immediately thought of foundary coke, as in carbon fuel. So I was thinking he must have roasted the chicken to charcoal or something.

But I suspect you were thinking of a different kind of coke. . . .

Breakfast for dinner?

Theognome

We had breakfast for dinner at least twice a month growing up.

Eggs with onion, tomatoes, avocados, cheese, etc., homemade biscuits and gravy, or my favorite--homemade waffles made with wheat flour ground about ten minutes earlier and with raw honey on top.

Twice a year we had banana splits for supper! Now THAT was good (I'm an ice cream fanatic). We'd have bananas, pineapples, strawberries, and homemade chocolate sauce on icecream. My hubby thought I was crazy when we first got married and I suggested banana splits for supper one night. :lol:

Alberta tenderloin steaks, cooked rare....

Served with oven fried baby potatoes, and mixed peas and carrots...

Can I come over?

I recommend "taco night". Just cook some ground beef. Put in the taco seasoning from Walmart. Get cheese, lettuce, sour cream , tortillas etc. Put it out buffet style and pig out. Cheap and easy. Plus...tacos are amazing.:bouncy:

Throw in a can of corn, refried or black beans, guacamole...YUMMMMMMY

We often throw tuna in our pasta sauce (either our homemade sauce or canned) for a cheaper protein.

You should recruit the wifey to the PB. You can direct her over to us in the tea parlor!

I recommend "taco night". Just cook some ground beef. Put in the taco seasoning from Walmart. Get cheese, lettuce, sour cream , tortillas etc. Put it out buffet style and pig out. Cheap and easy. Plus...tacos are amazing.:bouncy:

Throw in a can of corn, refried or black beans, guacamole...YUMMMMMMY

We often throw tuna in our pasta sauce (either our homemade sauce or canned) for a cheaper protein.

You should recruit the wifey to the PB. You can direct her over to us in the tea parlor!

I show her many of the postings here, so is involved indirectly :)

Is the tea Earl Grey?? ;) ;)

Tonight we had toasted cheese with tomato slices on French baguette sliced lengthwise and boy was it good!

With brown rice and a side salad with this yummy bacon and brown sugar creamy dressing...

-----Added 1/15/2009 at 08:58:36 EST-----

If you don't like tuna (not a fan here), then you can substitute canned (or pouched) chicken. But get chicken breast, because it tastes better. Mix in some salsa and you have a tasty, easy meal!

This is coming from the man who lived on ham and cheese sandwiches and Ramen Pride noodles in college....

I am never quite able to slip too far under 245 lbs because, for instance, we had a full turkey dinner a couple of nights ago. Tonight it was pork chops and sauerkraut. Oh man.

Anyway, if you don't want to spend much but want a solid breakfast for dinner meal, have fried mush.

Somewhere along the line, you have to fry up some bacon to have with the fried mush. Save the grease.

Take cornmeal and mix with water, cook 'til thick, pour into a loaf pan, then put in the fridge. In the morning, cut into slices, coat in coarse cornmeal or other coarse grain, and fry in bacon grease. Serve with butter and maple syrup (or Mrs Butterworth's to save $) and the bacon.

Yes, you'll be dead by 55, but talk about your cheap meals - and tasty! Bacon was on sale here at 4 pkgs for $5 and corn meal is dirt cheap. Then there's the Mrs Butterworth's (jam will do in a pinch). Yum.

My wife's from Oklahoma, can you tell?

Coked Chicken!!

Oh yeah Coca-Cola

Disclaimer: Fraser does not encourage drug use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back